Sunday, January 5, 2014

How do I stop my cat from chewing through my headphones?

best headphones phone
 on Hello Kitty With Headphones - Hello Kitty Phones
best headphones phone image



Justin


How do I stop my cat from chewing through my headphones and phone chargers? I never had a cat in my many years that chewed on wires. It takes him less then a second to chew through my headphones. I've bought him toys and everything and he still keeps doing it. I tried spraying him with a water bottle telling him no and nothing is working. I feel like I'm going crazy because I go through headphones and phone chargers so quickly. I was told to get the bitter apple spray, but I'm being told by my family that the stuff doesn't work and that I should hit my cat when it chews on my wires. I don't want to hit my cat, I love him to much to do that, but I'm so mad at him for chewing through my wires. What can I do?
I do put my headphones and phone charger away at night its just when I have them out for a second he gets to it.



Answer
Hitting him will do nothing other than make him afraid of you. The mini-USB cables and some others (sounds like your headphones) have something in the vinyl that is very appealing to cats. The scent is drawing him to them. You can try a couple of things - one, is they make these covers meant to "neaten up" all the wires that are in back of your PC. I got mine at Bed, Bath, and Beyond - it's called a cable cover kit. You run the wires through this tube thing, and cut it to size. That should work for the phone charger. Do try the bitter apple spray on your headphones - you can get that at any pet store. Option two is to wrap the cords with duct tape - that works, as it covers the scent of the cables, and is still pretty flexible (even if unattractive). That's what I had to to for the USB cable to my digital camera :(

what type of headphones does the Samsung Exclaim use?




j.sias12


i need to know what type of headphones my phone uses.. the plug is smaller than most jacks so im not sure.


Answer
it's a 2.5 mm headphone jack which is non-standard.

if you want to use a standard headphone (3.5 mm), you need an adapter.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment