Tuesday, January 7, 2014

What is a song with some really good bass?

good headphone test songs
 on ... music industry, we recently invested in a pair of Shure's E2c 'sound
good headphone test songs image



Rane


I just got some new headphones and I really love playing my songs with them turned up and having the bass thump. I was wondering what are some good songs that have a lot of heavy bass to test out my headphones? Preferably rock genre but I can do with anything.


Answer
Hysteria- Muse, its a wild ride

What headphones deliver the best bass under 200$?




Mason


I'm searching for over the ear headphones that I don't only hear my music but feel it. What I mean I would like headphones that hve a nice boom to the bass. Nothing to the pointer where it distorts the sound. Keep in mind under 200. Thanks!


Answer
I am actually in the exact same situation as you: looking for over the ear headphones that have great sound clarity and extremely good sensitivity to bass (nice sound and intenseness from bass.. I am a big techno/ club music fan and I love and appreciate music) and am willing to spend about $150 but will go up slightly if necessary. I've been doing a lot of research and have already tried out some headphones as well as gotten input from a couple of people.
I got some headphones from eh brands that I won't even mention to save time as presents for Christmas and returned them.
I tried out the Bose AE2 headphones for $150, but they weren't good at all... nothing special about them... not good sound clarity and definitely no bass. I then did my own research and decided to either get Grado, Sennheiser, or Shure. I tested out the Grado (80i) and they are nice for classical music or high notes... definitely have sound clarity but they're not so good with bass. They're also open.. meaning that others around you are more likely to hear the sound (this characteristic is better for sound clarity according to physics.. but this attribute then comes down to personal preference).
Next, I tried the Sennheiser 280 Pro and Shure SRH 440. I was in the store listening to the same song and literally switching between the two for the longest time ever. The Shure's had a bittt more sound clarity (hard to notice though.. I have an ear for music though) but I liked the name of Sennheiser better so I was conflicted. The store attendant without a doubt recommended the Shure's though as he said he's been testing variousss models of the Shure's over the years and they are always better. So I took them and indeed they were awesome as well as have a lot more bonuses to them as opposed to the Sennheiser. Both are around $100 (depending on the website.. the Sennheiser's are sometimes listed as up to $20 more expensive.. it's very easy to get them for $100 though and the Shure's for less even). So I had the Shure's at home but I decided that I still wanted more bass and did even more research.
Ultimately, people are recommending the Audio Technica ATH- M50 like no other for bass. Honestly, all the websites that compare the Sennheiser's, Shure's and Audio Technica's recommend the AD's for bass and say it's magnificent. Apparently they're heavier and don't have a detachable cable, but that also comes down to personal preference/ sacrifices. And of course, this is granted within the given price range (mine's a little lower than yours... you might be able to find better headphones that are about $200... even the Sennheiser 880s or something.. up to you). This site seems very helpful to compare headphones: http://www.headphone.com/product_compare.php?icn%5B%5D=0020080280&buttonSelection=Add+Headphone+To+Compare&icn%5B%5D=0020330440&icn%5B%5D=9990420050

Some of my friends are also recommending the Sony 7506 or AKG 240, but I personally have done no research on them and haven't come in contact with them. From what I read in reviews and in general the satisfaction with the bass and everything I would recommend the Audio Technica's ATH- M50. I am going to order mine online today.
Hope this helps!




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment