Sunday, January 5, 2014

What skullcandy headphones are the best?

best headphone review site
 on ... Extra Bass Headphones - The Complete Review | Best Bass Headphones
best headphone review site image



Ryon


Right now, I'm useing skullcandy jibs because their cheap and they work great. However, they only last about a month then break. What skullcandy headphones are the best, that last for a long time and sound awesome? NO EARMUFFS! I hate those bulky things.
I'm not a huge fan of on ear headphones, so I don't want to get any of the bulky ones like that.



Answer
Hi Ryon,

So here's the deal. To be honest, I've never been a big fan of Skullcandy. But that's me, not you. However, I am a very big fan of consumer audio, especially headphones and earphones. So I have done quite a bit of reading in the reviews as well as comments on a lot of the head/ear phones out there, including the SKullcandys.

To answer your question, as well as assuming price is not a factor (so long as its a Skullcandy), I would suggest the Skullcandy Mix Master (http://www.skullcandy.com/shop/mix-master-black) and the Skullcandy Roc Nation Aviator (http://www.innerfidelity.com/content/skullcandy-roc-nation-aviator)

The links I have provided you is from a very trustworthy review site I always refer to. You can also check his other recommendations out, who knows, he might convince you to try out other brands

I suggested these two as from the reviews as well as my own observation, these two are quite durable in build and are quite stylish in design (I'm assuming that has some weight in your decision making process). Also, they have consistently fared highly in reviews as being among the few Skullcandy headphones that actually perform well musically, instead of the usual horrible (pardon my opinion) Skullcandy signature sound.
.

My final bit of advice, mate. Don't purchase a headphone just because of the brand. Expand your horizon and check out the market. Read user reviews as well as youtube reviews before purchasing one. I would suggest you check out forums like Head-Fi (http://www.head-fi.org/). They're a very audio-centric community open to discuss anything audio related.

Best noise canceling headphone for traveling on long flights?




Joe


I need headphones that noise cancel, and that produce good quality for rap and hip hop. My budget is up to $300.


Answer
Hi Joe -

Excellent question and you'll find that some companies are very successful at building their brands!

David Rowell ( http://thetravelinsider.info/ ) loves testing/evaluating things like that. I've been a subscriber to his travel newsletter for years and have purchased my own noise cancelling headphones based on his reviews. (I'd recommend ones like mine, but David says that the technology has become even better since I bought mine about four years ago!) The fact that I'm still subscribed to his newsletter says something - I've not found that he will steer a person wrong when he recommends something or someone.

He tells what and why on his noise cancelling headphones reviews ( http://thetravelinsider.info/roadwarriorcontent/noisecancellingheadphonesindex.htm ), but to just give you the info:

Best are Bose QuietComfort 15 at about $300

Sony MDR-NC500D is second best at about $400

Solitude X is third best at about $200 (Sometimes you can get special pricing on the Solitude X through David's site)

He recommends the Solitude X, as I understand it, as a best value for your money for most people. There is more info about more brands/models, but I recommend checking the article since it's too much to put here!

I can tell you, even with my older model headphones, they're awesome at cutting the monotonous drone of a plane for hours!

Enjoy!

Jessica




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment