Saturday, January 11, 2014

How to fix a wet ipod touch 16G?

best headphones gadget show
 on ... HeadPhone a Fashion and Technology on Gadget ! | vhx... - Polyvore
best headphones gadget show image



I'm John C


My ipod touch fell in my toilet for a brief moment like less than one second. What I want to know is will my apple warranty cover it the touch was jail broken, but luckily I was able to restore it back to when it wasn't jail broken. Another thing now is that it won't turn on and the red litmus paper shows red on my touch. What should I do? I heard that if the earpiece jack shows red I can't exchange my itouch so is this true? Thanks!


Answer
ok exact same thing happened me bout a month ago ipod touch 2nd gen 16 gb aswell!!and i got mine to work perfectly today absolutely nothing is wrong with it!! so hope this helps!had to share the good vibes!!

k it fell in the toilet and was totally submerged, same as u i grabbed it straight away so it was in there a max of a couple of secs. my ipod had a rubber case on it that cover the back of it and a a scratch protecting sticker on the screen but the ports wer completely open and the case was a little loose so i dunno if it actually helped in anyway. i panicked started drying it with toilet paper and VERY GENTLY pushed the toilet paper into the openings at the base for the earphone and for charging cable, then i removed the case and dryed any water that had got in behind. my ipod had been asleep in my pocket when it went in so i started pressin buttons to see if it worked the screen came on the picture was perfect but the backing light was gone and touch screen was not responding however power button and vol buttons on sides and top wer. without touch function working tho i could not turn it off like i knew i should so i continued tryin for about 2 mins till the picture broke up and faded and ipod died completely. i was at work so i went out and told people i wrapped it in a towel for 5mins and left it in a warm dry place as someone suggested, then someone else told me to blow it with a hair drier so i did for about 5 mins and then gave up as it did not respond afterwards. i then gave up and left it in my bag till i got home approx 3 hours later. i googled it immediately and learned that a hairdryer is actually one the worst things i could have possibly done! and that the fact that it was powered on was also terrible NEVER turn on a water damaged ipod till u are POSITIVE it has been completely dried. i became resigned to the fact that it was a lost cause however some ppl suggested putting the ipod in a bowl of rice in a warm place so i put it in my airing cupbord in a bowl of rice covered with a towel for about a month. i tryed turning it on a few times over the month BUT i never charged it in case it was still wet just clicked the buttons. today i decided a month was long enough plugged it into my laptop and it said battery flat , took a min but began to charge and every single function on it works 100% perfectly and the picture and lighting is all flawless. sound doesnt seem to have been effected either!! so theres hope for you yet! as regards the red litmus paper in headphone jack i came across this phenomenon while frantically googling solutions and came across this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aTVUs-wWCZw&feature=related which might be helpful, wasnt much good to me tho coz i live in ireland and we dont have genius bars. i flashed a torch down my headphone jack after it fell in tho and it was white i think this may have been because i pushed the toilet paper in the openings to dry it almost immediately after pickin it out of the toilet. which may have dryed it before it got to the litmus paper. hope this helps.

p.s. from all my googling i got the impression apple dont cover water damage under warranty.

this site explains the rice method well. http://www.methodshop.com/gadgets/ipodsupport/toilet/index.shtml


wud be interested to see how u get on, hope i helped!

I need an exercise program that is fit for my age and my budget?




Cam


i am 13 y/o and i am no doubt... over weight... i need an exercise that is simple and shows full results in 5-8 months ... i have alot of time cause i am home schooled... i need an exercise program that does not need any exercise machines cause its too expensive...and i cant go to the gym cause i am too young to go to the gym here...i am from the Philippines and all i see on TV are those weight loss pills and belts that vibrate and i am not into watching shopping channels...i need an exercise program complete with a diet plan... and my budget is 5000 pesos or 100 dollars please help me.. i just need your suggestions ^_^
OK extra edit... i am watching what i eat.. I've been watching what i eat... no candies an chocolates...although i eat just a little chocolate once a week...i dont eat rice or bread and i hate pies and cakes...i cant walk outside or inside cause inside... too much stuff... and out side its rainy and its not safe in these streets...cause of countless robberie reports and allot of dogs...and my dad wont let me...



Answer
Don't bother with the gadgets-- everything they claim to do you can do by yourself. The biggest drawback of working out at home is the distractions and excuses. So if you can get away from your home it is the best. Does your high school have an open weightroom? Can you go out for a sports program? Is there a park nearby? I find the best motivator is my iPod. If I put the headphones in I am isolated from everything else so I can get out and move. Running and walking are free. Getting a diet buddy is also recommended. Sometimes when someone else depends on you you'll do what needs to be done. Sometimes when they show up on your doorstep your excuses evaporate, sometimes you are the one who keeps them going.
You can also try to use your own bodyweight against itself. That being pullups, crunches, pushups, dips, jumpingjacks, etc. There are plenty things you can do for free. You can also look into garage sales. Lots of cheap items can be aquired from them. But be warned sometimes these very items will be in your own garage sale so choose wisely. The simplest item you can buy is a jumprope. I bought one to do between my sets of lifting.
I'm not going to layout an exercise plan or diet plan for you. There are plenty of websites out there that will help. Finding the information for yourself is a sign that you are serious. Just having someone tell you what to do without knowing why is a sign of not being serious.
added after seeing your limitations: are you in an apartment? you could run up and down the stairs.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment