Saturday, January 11, 2014

What is the percentage of Rock (including Metal) music in your music library?

best headphones jazz music
 on Earbuds Ipod on Coolest Latest New Best Top Fun High Tech Electronic ...
best headphones jazz music image



Rid of Me


I'd say Rock music represents about 65% of my music.
Pop represents about 25%
And all other genres, 10%.

BQ: Do you prefer listening to music through earphones or speakers?
BQ2: What is your favorite song that is 3:08 minutes long?



Answer
I think about 90% of my collection is Rock. The remaining 10% is a mix between county, jazz, world, and big band/swing. Although, that isn't to say I have a few albums from each genre...I have several. I have a lot of music! LOL
Punk makes up about 70-75% of my overall collection.

I definitely prefer speakers! Headphones are really bad for your ears.

3:08? This is an awesome question! LOL
It's a tossup between:
Should I Stay Or Should I Go by The Clash
Last Call by Street Dogs
Hey Pachuco! by Royal Crown Revue
Hometown Zero by Hometown Zero
Break The Glass by Suicide Machines

All those songs are REALLY good!

How to become a better bass guitar player?




Shaun Kell


I have a bass and I try to practice it regularly. The only problem is it is sooo boring. I love heavy metal music. I'd say my biggest bass inspirations are Cliff Burton and Jason Newsted from Metallica. I want to be able to play like them, but I just can't seem to bring myself to practice enough. I don't have any friends to practice with or any teachers. And I don't think I'll be getting a teacher anytime soon. So how can I make my practice sessions more fun and more interesting so ill actually want to practice and get better faster while having fun?


Answer
First of all, create a routine - have a set time each day that is marked off for practice time. I get up at five every morning, go downstairs, fire up the amp and put headphones on, and play till its time to get my kids up for school. You might pick an afternoon or evening time instead, doesn't matter. But force yourself to go pick up your bass at that time for a couple of weeks; eventually you will just do it automatically without even thinking about it.

When you practice, do two things, and split your time between them; work on technique and theory, and play songs. Playing songs is for fun; set yourself up to play along to music you like (like your Metallica). That's for motivation and enjoyment. But don't only listen to music you already like; open yourself up to different kinds of things. The great musicians are great because they bring in something they learned from jazz or classical or some other style of music and use it to make their rock (or whatever) playing fresh and distinct. If you like Cliff Burton, find out what Cliff Burton says HIS influences were and go listen to THAT.

The other thing is to work on theory and technique. Learn your scales and run them till they are as natural as the alphabet. Then modes, and learn the circle of fifths. Fingering exercises are useful too; there's a book called "bass fitness" that's full of great exercises to make you a better player. Work with a metronome to improve your timing.

Alternate playing fun music with drilling your scales and theory and you'll improve. Also, start looking for other people to play with. Ask around your school or post a craigslist ad. Just start jamming so you get used to creating music with other people.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment