Wednesday, January 8, 2014

How can i make it so i can hear myself through the headphones while recording?

best headphones vocals
 on Dna Headphones Best Buy
best headphones vocals image



Yes


I only can hear my voice out of one side of my headphones and i wanna hear them thru both so that i can monitor my voice while i record a song.
How do i go about fixing this?



Answer
It all depends on your mixer and recording setup....sounds to me like the your vocal mic is panned to one side...i.e. if you can only hear your voice in the left ear, your mic is panned all the way to the left...make sure it is centered...

High Pitched Noise from my Amplifier when Overdrive is On and no Headphones are plugged in?

Q. Hey YA,
For some reason, every time I play my Guitar with my Amp turned on to the Overdrive channel and without Headphones, a High pitched shriek comes out of the Amp.
This usually occurs when I have my Volume knob on the Amp turned up to >6 and my Gain knob
turned up >6 as well.
This never ever happens when I play my Guitar through the Clean Channel, even when I max out the
Gain knob and the Volume knob on my Amp.
My Amplifier is a Marshall Valvestate 2000 AVT 50 115 Watt Amp.
Help would be appreciated thanks.

Keep in mind, this never happens at all when I play with Headphones on.


Answer
You are getting feedback. Feedback happens with overdrive and too much gain and volume.
you have a 50 watt amp.(I just looked at the manual for it)
And it's a tube amp which is pretty loud.
Turn your "overdrive" volume down in a small closed environment or the guitar will pick up the speaker output and cause feedback.(ever heard a vocal microphone squeal on a PA system? same thing is happening to your guitar.)
It doesn't happen with headphones because the sound is coming out of the headphones and the guitar pickups don't "hear it".

It doesn't happen on clean channel because there is no overdrive and boosted gain. If you had a distortion effect pedal on the clean channel it would do that, too.

When you have the amp turned up loud, (and >6 is pretty loud) you need to be #1, facing away from the amp and #2, a good distance away from it.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment