Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Can I connect a headphone amp to a turntable?

best headphone preamp
 on Headphones & Preamps
best headphone preamp image



Anna


Does anyone know of a headphone amp that will work with a turntable? Specifically an audiotechnica turntable with a built in phono amp?

I got one from Amazon, a Behringer MICROAMP HA400, but not one set of headphones we had were big enough to fit in the jack thing, and there was no way to connect it to the turntable anyway.
I'm planning on returning the headphone amp, what I need to know is there anyway of using headphones with this turntable without getting a completely new turntable.



Answer
What you have will work fine with the turntable's built-in phono preamp switched on. You're just going to need some adapters. You'll need a stereo 1/8" jack to stereo 1/4" plug adapter for your headphones and you'll need a dual RCA jack to stereo 1/4" plug cable to plug in your turntable.

For the headphones...

http://www.amazon.com/RCA-AH216-Stereo-Headphone-Adapter/dp/B00005T3GH/ref=pd_cp_e_2

For the turntable...

http://www.amazon.com/Hosa-Cable-YPR102-Stereo-Inch/dp/B000068O4W/ref=sr_1_2?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1375854780&sr=1-2&keywords=rca+jacks+to+stereo+1%2F4%22

Keep 'em spinnin'!

How can I hook up headphones to my turntable?




A.C. Films


My turntable, nor my amp has a headphone jack, so I was wondering how I could hook up a pair of headphones. What equipment will I need?


Answer
You need an amplifier that has a phono preamp input and a headphone jack.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment