Saturday, January 11, 2014

what kind of TV headphones should I buy?

best quality headphone extension cable
 on TRS Extension Cable | Headphone Extender Cable | 6 inch Adapter Cable ...
best quality headphone extension cable image



upstate_gu


I'd like to buy some TV headphones but I don't want some that are bad quality. I'd like them with a cord and volume control and price matters. What kind should I get.


Answer
You can get any sort of good headphones you like, and just use this 25ft audio extension cable I found for only $1.73. The link is in my sources.

It goes from 3.5mm to 3.5mm so any normal headphones you use with an mp3 player or CD player will work.

Looking for some nice headphones for guitar amp?




Pazuzu


I'll admit that I know just about nothing about headphones, other than your typical MP3 player earbuds. I'm looking for a really nice set of headphones to use with a guitar amp so I can practice quietly. I'm running a nice Randall tube head and I want to be able to retain that great tone quality, but I don't want to spend much more than $200.
If it helps give an idea of what would suit my uses, I play lots of clean guitar as well as running a pedal for highly-distorted tones for metal. I want to be able to retain my crystal-clear clean tone with plenty of bass, as well as a sharp, modern metal tone with scooped mids and the bass and treble bumped up.
A long cable is necessary. Thank you.



Answer
What you want is the Audio Technica ATH-M50. They're accurate and have a wide frequency range. More transparent highs and better bass than something like the Sony MDR7506 (also very popular). Great for instruments, mixing and they're even becoming popular with audiophiles on a budget. You would love having these around.

They are available with a 10' straight cord or a coiled cord. Straight gives you more freedom if you won't be using them out and about with a portable player. You can always add an extension.

There's also a silver anniversary edition with the straight cord available right now.

You have to be careful where you buy them. There are fakes out there. Amazon has good prices, but I would only buy if shipped directly from them, not a 3rd party seller... unless it's a place you know and trust. Guitar Center carries them too.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment