Saturday, January 18, 2014

What should I do to get best sound from my video game consoles?

best headphones 2013
 on Sennheiser HD 380 Pro Collapsible High-End Headphone for Professional ...
best headphones 2013 image



�mer


Hi all, I have a hometheater setup process that I need some help with to connect everything together for best sound quality. I have a Xbox 360, PS3, PS4 and a cable box that I want to connect. My receiver is a Sony 5.2 receiver STR-DH540 with two optical in and I have 5 speakers connected to it for surround.

To get the best sound quality as possible, should I connect all of my devices with HDMI to my receiver then a HDMI from receiver to the TV? Or should I do the opposite and connect everything first to the TV and then run a optical cable from my TV to my receiver?

My TV is pretty new (Sony Bravia W905 topmodel from 2013), but if I do the latter will the sound quality get any worse? I have just two optical ports on my receiver and I need to connect 4 devices, so that's why I'm unsure on how to do all this or if I need to connect any optical cables at all meaning if HDMI sound signals is more than enough for getting surround sound.

Thanks in advance!



Answer
- You will lose audio quality if you use a s/pdif optical cable (for hd movies) and if you use the tv (not connecting devices directly to receiver) you may also lose even more audio quality because the tv has to have the decoders for surround sound and if the tv does not then you will only get uncompressed PCM stereo.

- First hdmi cable to hdmi output on computer or Blu-ray player or DVD player or game console to hdmi input on receiver for HD audio, then second hdmi cable to hdmi output on receiver to hdmi input on tv for HD video.
- Receiver menu -> manual setup -> hdmi setup -> hdmi audio setup -> send audio to amp (not passthrough to tv). (hdmi video passthroughs to tv untouched). Compatible passive speakers hook up to the receiver (amplifier) with red and black speaker wire. (You can find good cheap cables at monoprice or amazon).

= (Audio cables: DisplayPort, HDMI, S/PDIF Optical, or S/PDIF Coxial carry digital audio). (Red/White or Headphone jack only carry stereo/2.0 analog audio).
- DisplayPort to Displayport cable (v1.0 to v1.2) or HDMI to HDMI cable (v1.3 to v1.4) cable: Up to 7.1/24bit/96khz or 5.1/24bit/192khz with formats such as (uncompressed PCM) or (loseless DTS-HD-MA or Dolby TrueHD) or (lossy DTS-HD-HR or Dolby Digital Plus). Up to 5.1/24bit/48khz with formats such as (lossy DTS or Dolby Digital). (6.1/24bit/48khz with lossy DTS-ES Discrete). (5.1/24bit/96khz with lossy DTS 96/24).
- S/PDIF Optical to S/PDIF Optical cable or S/PDIF Coxial to S/PDIF Coxial cable: Up to 5.1/24bit/48khz with formats such as (lossy DTS or Dolby Digital). (6.1/24bit/48khz with lossy DTS-ES Discrete). (5.1/24bit/96khz with lossy DTS 96/24). (2.0/24bit/192khz with uncompressed PCM).
= Tip: If you have a receiver (input deveice) and/or output device that does not support DTS-HD-MA, Dolby TrueHD, DTS-HD-HR, or Dolby Digital Plus bitstreams, you can tell your output device to decode it into PCM and then send it over the hdmi cable to the receiver (receiver has to support multi-channel PCM).

Should I get a new tablet or a new pair of headphone?




Christian


Alright, so Christmas's coming up and my mom asked me if I would want anything for it, and I'm torn between a new tablet or a new pair of headphone, the new tablet would be a Nexus 7(2013) and the new pair of headphone would either be the Sony Mdr-1R or the Sennheiser Momentum, I already have a really good speaker in my room but I still want a new pair of headphone but the new tablet would be great since my old tablet broke, I'll problaly use the tablet as an e-book reader and browsing the web, so what do you guys think I should get?


Answer
Get tablet in my opinion because i'm not really interested in the world of headphones.. i use £10 earphones that work just fine. On tablets you can do so much more and it'd be a good value for money.. especially with nexus.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment