Thursday, January 16, 2014

Can i hook up my headphone guitar amp straight into my computer?

best headphone guitar
 on Plug in your guitar, crank it up, and crank out blistering riffs to ...
best headphone guitar image



Dude


though the mic input? I have one of those Tascam Guitar Trainers...unfortunately the cd player doesn't work. I'm think of buying a "8 cable to hook the Tascam into the mic input.
I also download Adacity to replace the looping capabilities of the Tascam.

Thanks for any advice.



Answer
You want to use the built in effects?

There are lots of free, or nearly free programs that could do this just as well. Try Kristal Audio Engine for recording, and try the links below for effects.

In any case, yes. There's no reason that you couldn't plug in to your mic input, but be sure to keep the respective volumes (input of soundcard, output of Tascam) low when you first connect. Then bring up the input volume, followed by the Tascam's output until the loudest sounds fall just short of clipping (the red part at the top of the volume meter on your soundcard's input).

If your Tascam has a line out, connect that to your soundcards line in, and use the same process to find the clipping point.

Beware that you will face latency issues when recording unless you have a good soundcard. This means that there will be a light delay between what you play and what you hear.

If you want to reduce the delay somewhat without buying a new soundcard, try asio4all. That said, I really do recommend a good soundcard

What instrument is easier guitar or piano?




Fatima Beg


Heyyyy if u can answer this question I would be sooooo greatful I want to learn a instrument but I cant choose between guitar or piano I like pop and I am good at singing too.btw can u plug headphones on a guitar not a electric guitar.. Thank u if u answer points for nest answer.


Answer
Piano and guitar are both relatively easy instruments to learn, but for entirely different reasons. I wouldn't consider either easier than the other, but you can play more fully realized songs sooner on the guitar than you can on the piano.

You can't plug headphones directly into a guitar. You need an amplifier.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment