Saturday, January 25, 2014

How can I record directly from a keyboard unto a computer?

best quality headphone splitter
 on ... -sale-new-ipod-headphones-z-rich-ipod-ear-headphones.jpg
best quality headphone splitter image



J a


I want to record what I play on my casio cdp 100 digital keyboard directly unto my computer. This is so I can upload it to youtube with the best quality.
The simplest way would be best for me.

Thank you all.



Answer
Hiya,

Simplest...

Your keyboard probably has a headphone out. (1/4" TRS jack)
Your PC probably has a Mic in (3.5mm mono jack)

You need a cable to connect the two. If you don't use some kid of splitter you may lose half the stereo signal but it won't matter.

Use your soundcard / Mic settings on the computer to check incoming sound levels and you should be able to use your PC sound recorder to record your playing.

If you PC has no sound recorder go to the website below and download the free version of wavepad.
This program will also give you more options regarding quality/filesize etc

http://www.nch.com.au/wavepad/

You should still be able to select the "Audio Recording" device (i.e. "mic input") in your control panel.

Good Luck.

MM

Audio Splitter to use Headphones and Speakers?




Parker


If I get an audio splitter and connect it to my PC, can I plug in Speakers into one of the jacks and Headphones into the other?

Will they both play the same sound? Will the audio quality drop?

Thanks for the answers.



Answer
Yes, it should work.

Will the audio quality drop? Probably not enough to notice. The audio from most MP3 files and computers is pretty crappy to start with.


Greetings from Austin, Tx
Ken




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment