Saturday, January 25, 2014

How can i hook up my headphones to my guitar?

best headphone guitar
 on Best circumaural closed-back headphone with a pre-amp: beyerdynamic DT ...
best headphone guitar image



Ryteyrt J


I have a Line 6 Spider 3 75 guitar amp and i was wondering how to make my headphones work with the amp? A set of headphones came with the guitar and it said that you could plug it into the amp so that sound only comes through the headphones, so no one else can hear you play unless they are wearing the headphones. How can i do this? I know it can be done, but what exactly do i need to do so that no one in my family gets annoyed from guitar playing?


Answer
The back of your amp should have a line out plug for an amp cord (or 1/4 inch headphone jack). Normal headphones have 1/8 inch jacks. Converters are very easy to find at radioshack. Just ask the guy for an 1/8 to 1/4 inch audio jack converter. Slip the converter on your headphones and then into the line out.

BTW nice amp. I need a new one so tell me how it sounds.

Can i hook up my headphone guitar amp straight into my computer?




Dude


though the mic input? I have one of those Tascam Guitar Trainers...unfortunately the cd player doesn't work. I'm think of buying a "8 cable to hook the Tascam into the mic input.
I also download Adacity to replace the looping capabilities of the Tascam.

Thanks for any advice.



Answer
You want to use the built in effects?

There are lots of free, or nearly free programs that could do this just as well. Try Kristal Audio Engine for recording, and try the links below for effects.

In any case, yes. There's no reason that you couldn't plug in to your mic input, but be sure to keep the respective volumes (input of soundcard, output of Tascam) low when you first connect. Then bring up the input volume, followed by the Tascam's output until the loudest sounds fall just short of clipping (the red part at the top of the volume meter on your soundcard's input).

If your Tascam has a line out, connect that to your soundcards line in, and use the same process to find the clipping point.

Beware that you will face latency issues when recording unless you have a good soundcard. This means that there will be a light delay between what you play and what you hear.

If you want to reduce the delay somewhat without buying a new soundcard, try asio4all. That said, I really do recommend a good soundcard




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment