Sunday, January 26, 2014

Are Sony MDR XB500 or Sony MDR XB300 any good?

best headphones under 60 bucks
 on World of Warcraft pairs of open open 10 open 5 Tutorial--As the sun ...
best headphones under 60 bucks image



Dwayne


What are the best headphones for music with a lot of base and I listen to a lot of country and headphones that are good for movies. Under 60 Bucks


Answer
I recently demoed the XB500 at best buy and man do they sound good. My only concern is that they are large. I would definitely buy the XB500 I'm not too sure about quality of XB300 never tested it. Too bad I just ordered the Philips Oneil Stretch and probably can't cancel. But if I could I definitely would. The quality is amazing to me.

Best, Cheap yet Good quality sound RECORDING STUDIO GEAR for BEGINNERS?




...


I did some research, but most info. is old. So I am looking for more up-to-date answers on what I should get. List a brand or specific model on what is usually best.
I am on a very tight budget, but I am still looking to get the best bang for my buck.
Good clear sound quality is most important to me. Bad recording (interference noises) is exactly that.
Only things I am recording are, my voice, a ukulele and a acoustic guitar. And I will probably record all seperately. Any other beats would be from a program.

Dynamic mic: Under $75......Is a dynamic good enough for recording a ukulele and acoustic guitar?
Condenser mic: Under $75
Audio Interface: Under $60.....I think all I need is 2 XLR channels..Prefer to have phantom power..Do I go USB 2.0, Firewire, Thunderbolt or what? I'm using a Windows PC. Want clearest sound.
Don't think I will need a mixer. Still confused on what a soundcard is compared to the interface?
Probably won't use monitors/reference speakers yet. Will just use noise-canceling headphone.
Noise Canceling Headphones: Under $35....want good speaker ones so the sound is truest to what the music sounds like.
DAW program: Free or under $30....looking at using Audacity for free....any others that are good and free?

Already have the computer.
8GB 64-bit Windows 7 Home premium PC



Answer
Hi,

A good USB mic like the Samson C01U would be perfect for your needs. It's a large diaphragm condenser mic that does not need a separate interface or phantom power. Well, it gets its power from the USB port:). These mics are an excellent solution for folks on a budget because they sound great, are only about $70-$75, and have the preamps and power, etc. built right in. You can hear how it sounds on voice and music in a review I did using the Samson C01U vs the Blue Snowball (also under $75).

As for headphones, ironically your recordings will be better if you DON'T use noise-cancelling headphones. That's because you WANT to hear the noise that is in your recordings so you can reduce or eliminate it. Otherwise there could be noise in there that you don't hear (because of the noise-cancelling) but everyone listening to your CD or mp3 WILL hear. For now, just use your ipod ear phones. And Audacity is probably your best bet for free software.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment