Sunday, January 19, 2014

Do I need a Headphone amp to use a pair of Audio Technica ATH A-700 headphones with an ipod?

best headphone amp
 on Best Headphones Without Amplifier Panasonic Iphone Headphones ...
best headphone amp image



Jack


I am thinking about buying these headphones but i have read that some high end headphones like these require more power output than the ipod can provide. I have an Ipod touch (not sure which generation, 3 I think) and I want to know if I need to buy a headphone amp to make it work. If so, which one should I buy without spending too much money?
I would still like to know if i need to get an amp before i buy the headphones so i can order them at the same time. i dont know much about amps but I am also wondering if a really cheap one would decrease the sound quality. Any recommendations or advice would be greatly appreciated, thanks.



Answer
I don't think you need to but if you do, just invest in a fiio headphone amp for less than $10 and that will be enough. Alternatively, you could invest in a custom cmoy headphone amp that are made in altoids tins. Those can go up to $60 though.

What is a good, cheap, portable USB headphone amp?




Null


I'm looking for a headphone amp I can connect to my computer since my headphone jack broke. Preferably, I'm looking for sound fidelity, but the cheaper, the better.


Answer
FiiO Andes E07K, or Alpen E17,

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/907695-REG/Fiio_E07K_Portable_Headphone_AMP.html

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/839353-REG/Fiio_E17_E17_USB_DAC_Headphone.html




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment