Friday, January 31, 2014

Apple or Bose In-Ear Headphones?




soulinreha


I recently purchased an ipod nano and am thinking of buying a canal earphone. Which brand is better? Apple or Bose?

Thank you.
Please give reasons as well. Tq.



Answer
I would HIGHLY recommend SONY headphones instead of Bose!

You can buy BETTER headphones! [You can basically get whatever, but there are two sides of the story]

Bose has an awful quality and disappoints me EVERY TIME.

Trust me, I've tried it all!

I tried their $99 desktop speakers! They sounded like my brothers laptop speakers! Replaced them with $60 Altec Lansing spakers! BEST PURCHASE!

I tried the $149 Bose Tri-Port headphones. My $20 Sony headphones almost matched the same quality! The only difference is that the Bose headphones added WAY TOO MUCH bass, it got annoying (and I LOVE bass.)

To the $600 5.1 speakers (disappointment!) You got an annoying hiss from the small speakers and they were noticeable as you turned the volume. There was also too much bass in the subwoofer and there seemed to be no way to fix that, regardless of how much you turned the back knobs.

Decided to try the $1000 system which was the BIGGEST disappointment of them all! They sounded awesome. They sounded awesome, until I heard my grandmother's Infinity system! That $1000 system was gone!

In the end, got an Infinity system and love it! They sounded BETTER than the $1000 system and more for half the price!!

Bottom line: Bose is crap! Why else do you think they NEVER got THX certified (THX is the BEST recognition for speakers?) All they are obsessed about is features that nobody seems to give a crap about. So for $100 In-Ear headphones, all you're buying is the name, NOT the quality. Go for Sony or Senheiser (oh, yea. Senheiser is GREAT)!!

convincing oneself to spend $1000 on headphones?




Crackler


I don't know how to spend $1000 on headphones. I really want to try them, and people who have them mention how it is still a great deal even around that price.

I have no problem spending money on quality goods, but it seems overkill to spend blindly.

This mostly stems from IEM's which you have to drop a lot of cash to get into that world. But I'm so curious....
I already own DT 770's, yuin pk2's, and grado SR80i's, gathered over time....

I've really been interested in Inner Ear Monitors for a long time. And since I'm heavily researching a new pair of headphones, they always sound incredibly enticing.

reason: music listening is a massive hobby and i recently fractured my hands and i'm on short term disability. So plenty of time :]



Answer
You'd be better off buying a better computer. Just because something is highly priced does not make it better. A good $20 pair will do you good. Anything past $100 would be overkill.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment