Thursday, January 30, 2014

Headphone comparison for production and monitoring?




kilometers


I am wondering for the purposes of mixing, monitoring, and just generally producing, (if you are not experienced with this please do not input) which headphones I would be best off buying. My budget is $400. The more money I save the better, but quality is more important to me. So far I have come up with:

Logitech UE 9000
Sony MDR XB700
Sony MDR XB1000 -(unless the difference between the 700 and 1000 are not worth the price diff.)
V-MODA Crossfade M-100
Sennheiser Momentum

If there are quality headphones that I have not mentioned, I am open to anything. My priority is audio quality over everything, and secondly comfort (at least to the point where I can where them all day without the need to take them off.) The music being produced is hip-hop/rap heavy.



Answer
Better off getting studio monitors for recording and mixing.

Can I use Beats By Dre Headphones to mix vocals?







My KRK RP5 monitors crashed on me and won't work for some odd reason and I'm really low on money to go buy a new set so I was wondering if I can use the studio beats by dre or the new MIXR beats


Answer
It's not a great idea to mix on headphones because with monitors, you hear the content from each channel in both ears, and also you want to know how the music will sound in an open environment (though it's good to check the mix on headphones and other sound systems). But of course using headphones to mix is better than not at all I suppose, or using crappy consumer speakers. If you are just mixing for fun and not trying to market your music it's no big deal though.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment