Wednesday, January 29, 2014

What are the best headphones to use for Heavy Metal music on a low budget?

best headphones heavy metal
 on Heavy Metal
best headphones heavy metal image



Philip


I'm looking for a pair of on ear or over ear headphones to use for my Ipod and/or PC and I listen to allot of heavy metal music of all different subgenres. While the in-ear earphones I have are good for travel, I prefer to use on-ear or over-ear headphones when at home for comparability and sound quality. I need to have a pair that is quite durable, as while my current JVC Xtreme Xplosive earphones are very good, they rarely last more than 4-5 months (skullcandy are even worse, breaking after only a month). I am looking for something around the £15-£30 price range, but I could go a little higher if it's good enough quality. What would be the best headphones of this type for that price range?


Answer
Try Koss Porta Pro. JVC HAS600's are also well rated. For real cheap, you could get JVC HAS160's.

Does listening to heavy metal have any effect on hearing?

Q. Just wondering if there is any scientific research that provides any evidence on hearing loss from listening to heavy metal. I know if you blast the music you are obviously more prone to hearing loss but will listening to death metal at the same volume as lets say pop music affect your hearing anymore than the pop music would?
Sorry for posting this in the biology section. I thought I clicked on a different section.


Answer
Yes, listening to heavy metal music will affect your hearing. Because, lets face it, who EVER listens to heavy metal quietly?? You need to blast that shit to make it any good! ;)

Nah, but seriously, if you listen to it at a reasonable level, it won't damage your hearing. If you're going to concerts EVERY WEEKEND, then you might have a problem. And if you listen to it by blasting it directly into your ears with headphones (especially if those headphones have an awesome bass), you'll regret it in a couple years time when you start to notice your hearing isn't as good as it should be.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment