Tuesday, January 28, 2014

What equipment is necessary to making a hip hop home studio?

best headphones hip hop
 on After a stunning week of dancing, shaking, grooving and jamming - it's ...
best headphones hip hop image



ELSE


I currently have a 8 channel mixer, a laptop with 4gb of memory, a microphone and studio headphones. What other tools and programs will I need? i also currently have the trial version of the DAW Reaper, but it seems more for bands and not Hip Hop, and there is a delay in mic and I am not quite sure about the errors it has, as I insert an instrumental on one track and try to rap over it and it says the recording directory doesn't exist. Any easy to use Hip Hop DAWs that I can just insert media file of an instrumental to rap over? I don't desire to make my own beats. All answers appreciated. :)


Answer
It depends on if you are using Mac or PC.

Given your level of knowledge, I would say go for Acid Pro or Frooty Loops for PC and Garage Band for Mac. Acid pro is ridiculously easy to learn and super-simple to create beats. Garage band is a bit more involved, but if you're a Mac user, it shouldn't come to hard.

Any DAW program should let you stick an instrumental in it and rap over it. As far as the mic delay, you need to adjust the latency in either your recording program or through your mic sound settings. The recording directory doesn't exist because you didn't select a destination for where recorded sound will go. This setting should be found in Reapers preferences.

I've used many different programs, but the 3 I mentioned are most basic and I think might be best for you at this time. Personally, I've traded it all in and now use 4 things. Macbook Pro, Maschine MKII, Casio Privia px-130 and a nice acoustic guitar. Here's my latest work: http://amzn.com/B00AN6N52Q

What headphones have good bass and sound?




Mike Batso


I need a new pair of headphones, I listen to only rap/hip hop (lil Wayne, drake, kid cudi, wiz khalifa etc) bass has to be great and sound quality has to be also great. Also they have to be comfortable. I'm only ganna spend upto 80$ plz help me. Thx.


Answer
Skull Candies are really good and u cn get them for about 60-80 $




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment