Friday, December 13, 2013

How to make a sturdy box out of cardboard (3DS size)?

good 3ds headphones
 on ... Mario In-Ear Headphones (DS Lite, DSi, DSi XL and 3DS) for Nintendo DS
good 3ds headphones image



_Audio_Sca


I'm making attempts to make a Tardis 3DS case out of an old pair of jeans with a strong box shape, not one of those pouch things, kinda like this one:

http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=127932.0#axzz2QBz3LlH1
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=310614.0#axzz2QBz3LlH1

I'm just going to cover it with denim and then create the Tardis outline with old t-shirts or something. Does anyone have any ideas on how I would go about doing this?

Please note that I need it to be a lot like the above example, one that opens and closes and I don't have to take the DS out of the case in order to play it. I also need to cut holes for the charger, game cartridge, and headphone jack.

Basically, all I need is a howto on how to make a box that I can customize to a proper size that wouldn't fall apart should I cut holes and sew some shiz on it. I just need to give it a proper shape so I can avoid turning it into a little pouch that total girls would carry around... =w=

Thanks in advance (/^D^)/



Answer
Take a small cardboard box apart at the seams... this will show you how cardboard boxes are made.
Measure the object you want to put in the box you make.
Take a new, large sheet of cardboard and make your measurements on that, using the box that you took apart as a guide for layout.
Lightly scoring the inside of the box you are making will create clean, straight bends.
Again, using the old box as a guide, fold and glue your new box together

Does the 3DS Power A headset work on DS games?




supagokuma


So I have an R4 card, and I have a few games that support voice chat with the DS Headset. But I am playing on my 3DS, so the DS headset is not supported, but I might get the official Nintendo 3DS headset, made by Power A. Will this headset work on DS games?


Answer
Generally it only works from new to old. An old product will not work with a new product, but a new product will work with an old. I am highly sure it will work perfectly. They implement it so it can be used on all the systems. At the time, there was no 3DS so they did not need an option on the DS headphones/set of course.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment