Saturday, December 14, 2013

How can I record guitar onto my computer without an amp?

best headphone without amp
 on Stack-In-A-Box Guitar Stereo Headphone Amp | Banjo.com
best headphone without amp image



Tina


I have an electric/acoustic guitar. I want to record some songs onto my computer. I have the normal guitar cable (1/4?) and a 1/4 to 1/8 adapter at the end. And I have Audacity/Magix music Editor, but I don't have an amp. Is it possible to do it without an amp? Every time I plug my guitar into the computer it says it doesn't support it. :/


Answer
it picks up the guitar perfectly if you have an actual 1/4 to standard headphone size cord, and if you have a program designated to recording and mixing, (i.e: Garage Band)

Will a electric guitar play well without a cord and all that?




Ben


Is a electric guitar able to play without a cord and amp and all that other stuff? I may be planning on getting one. I am wondering if I will be able to carry it around with me outside, and play it every where I go, without a amp and all.


Answer
Hi, Ben! Yes, you will be able to hear the guitar, but probably not well enough to amaze your growing audience or jam with another player! Nothing wrong with being able to practice chords and finger exercises without any amplification, but why not consider a headphone amplifier? Check out the Vox amPlug ( http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Vox-Amplug-Classic-Rock-Headphone-Amp?sku=481677 ), the C Tech Pocket Rockit ( http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/C-Tech-Pocket-Rock-It-S1-Standard-Guitar-Headphone-Amp?sku=151081 ), and the Waves iGTR Modeling ( http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Waves-iGTR-Headphone-Amp?sku=482265 ) for some examples. Best regards, Dana




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment