Friday, December 27, 2013

What is the best Sennheiser over the ear headphone for me?

best headphone jazz
 on Headphone Review on Polk Audio Ultrafit 2000 Sports Headphones Review
best headphone jazz image



Nate !


I listen to rock, indie, screamo, jazz, piano, and sometimes classical.
I want to pay less than 180
I do not want the headphones to leak a lot of noise.
I will mostly be using them with my iPhone and computer.
The most important thing to me is sound quality. I am not a bass head at all. I do not listen to much hip hop. (but do not want it to lack all bass either.. I want a good balance)
Model recommendations?
Thank you!



Answer
You are limiting your choice by saying only Sennheiser.
They do make some good headphones, but none come to mind that are closed, good quality and below that price point.

The only ones I can think of are the HD280pro and HD215, but I've never liked those particular models much at all.

I'd say get something like the Shure SRH840. It really sounds like the perfect headphone for you. I reckon it sounds better and it is definitely built better than anything Sennheiser has at that price.

Others to consider: AKG Q460, Koss TBSE1 or Audio Technica ATH-M50.

What are the best microphones to record yourself singing on your computer?




George


I'm an aspiring jazz/blues musician and I've written a lot of music, but need to record it. I'm going to be getting a new laptop this January and need to buy a good microphone to connect up to it. What are the right sort of ones to go for? I'm willing to spend a good amount of money on it. Advice?


Answer
An audio interface (Focusrite's are great) + a mic (MXL 2003a, Blue Spark, AT2035, blue encore 100, Shure SM57/SM58, etc) + DAW (Cockos Reaper) + Studio Headphones and/or Monitors.

There you have an affordable pro recording solution.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment