Tuesday, December 24, 2013

What does the law say about driving with headphones in Oklahoma?

good headphones motorcycle
 on ... headset motorcycle firefighting skiing harley davidson yamaha speakers
good headphones motorcycle image



Sid Justic


I have an iPhone and the ear buds work as a hands free devise. It also plays music. Am I good to drive with my ear buds in or could I be ticketed? I can't find anything on this. I should point out in my state talking on the phone with or without a hands free device is legal, though driving while texting or driving while distracted is not. And listening to music on a motorcycle is allowed.
Ana, thanks for the info. That's really good but do you have a source?



Answer
Having your hearing restricted, both ears, is a federal violation. Don't get in a accident with a Federal vehicle involved. States have different regulations. And it is rare to get pulled over by a Fed.

What kind of headphones should I get?




Johnbo


I like to listen to music as I mow the lawn, but my headphones always blow a speaker because I have to have the volume up all the way to cover the sound of the mower. What kind of headphones should I get? I've been told several times by the people I've asked to avoid "ear bud" style headphones as they don't block out incoming sound. I've also been told to get Bose brand headphones because they are the best, but I'm assuming they are also very pricey.

But you get what you pay for, so what headphones should I get?



Answer
I use skullcandy earbuds. They actually cut the noise down probably more than I should when I'm riding my motorcycle, but I can still hear horns and stuff, just not nearly as much wind noise. These are in the ear type, so if you don't like that, then they might not work for you. I also have a set of JVC earbuds that are a little better, but they don't make them anymore. V-Moda also makes good in the ear type earbuds. You can get any of these for between 40 and 70 dollars (depending on the exact style). I think skullcandy and v-moda also make more expensive ones, but that was my price range and they work real well in that price range.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment