Monday, December 23, 2013

How do I connect my headphones and speakers to my laptop at the same time?

best headphone mixer
 on Pioneer  Car Stereo Systems, DJ Headphones, Controller & Mixer ...
best headphone mixer image



KFS360


Im currently using some DJ software and wondered if it was possible to use some headphones and speakers at the same time on my laptop? I've tried using a splitter for the headphone jack but this only reduces the sound through side of the headphones/speakers.
Any advice on this would be greatly appreciated.



Answer
Hi yes
you need to get an audio amplifier with a separate monitoring output which is normal with a mixer desk.
the mixer desk takes the low level audio and the mixer has an output to the audio amplifier and speakers.
the mixer desk has a monitor facility which allows listening to what is playing and also allows for setting up of the next item in the que to play.
there simply is no cheap way to do this, sorry a mixer is the most important item in the chain.

How do I get audio from my COMP to play @ same time as drum INPUTS on my MIXER?




EskimoJosh


I'm trying to play music on my computer, play the drums at the same time and I want to be able to here them both using headphones pluged into the mixer, I can hear my mics throught the headphones...

I don't need to record this, almost like it'd be in a live situation, but to my headphones instead of a pa.



Answer
I need more info - are these electronic drums, software drums or acoustic drums?

If you have electronic drums plugged directly into the mixer, they should play in real time with your headphones plugged in.

Software drums may not play in exact time if you are monitoring them through your soundcard but it should be pretty close.

Acoustic drums will play in real time if you are micing them and monitoring them through headphones into the mixer.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment