Wednesday, April 2, 2014

What are the best noise-cancelling headphones I can get for under $100?




Sam M


I need decent noise cancelling headphones that I can use while playing the drums thank you. :)


Answer
Since you know how much you want to spend.... Some of the best headphones you can get are located here http://www.earphonesolutions.com/headphones-buyers-guide.html and already ranked by pricing. Makes shopping much easier. Even if you just use the site for reference it gives you a great idea of what you can get for what you want to spend.

Best headphones for under $100?




Navi


I'm looking for a really good set of headphones mainly for listening to music on my iPod or on my computer preferably for under $100. I'd like them to be fairly cool looking too but I don't really mind the look too much, it's just a preference.

I listen to a very wide range of music from power pop, death metal, rock, alternative, trance, deep house, ambient, classical, and some dubstep. I've looked at a few but I constantly hear different things about each pair. Steelseries' Siberia V2 looked really good and it'd be awesome to double as a gaming headset but if they're only just subpar or average for music, I won't bother. I'm not sure about them though, as I've never tested them first hand.

My second choice is the Sony MDR V55s. I tried them on at Best Buy and they sounded amazing but the only small gripe I have is that there isn't any noise isolation which kind of bugs me. Then there were the Headrush Fusions which I randomly came across but know virtually nothing about. And finally the Audio Technica AD700s looked really good but I heard there was virtually no bass at all which is worrisome.


Which of these would be the best option or does anyone else have any better suggestions?



Answer
Normally I would say either Audio Technica or Sennheiser - but the model you sepecify (AD700s) is an open air one, which means you will pretty much hear everything around you.
Also, the new model of the AD700 is over your price range (~$250 -$300).

If you care about noise cancelling, look into Audio Technica ATH-ANC7B which have active noise-cancelling and are also closed-back headphones, however- they cost $135.
Another option is their ATH-M30 ($60) - but they are not noise-cancelling by defenision.

As for Sennheiser - get the highest HD model you can get that is a closed-back one.
For example: Sennheiser HD-280 PRO




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment