Saturday, April 5, 2014

Would it improve my sound when watching movies, and listening to music if i turned on enhancements.?




Brock


My enhancements that i have are Environment, Voice Cancellation, Pitch Shift, Equalizer, headphone Virtualization, And Loudness Equalizer, And My Speaker System Is a Logitech Speaker System Z623


Answer
not typically. most of those are for special occasions.

try playing a music file and playing with the settings (remember to hit Default when done!).

check your manual to see what each does.

Is it possible to simulate 5.1 surround sound with just RCA cables on PC?




Amayo10054


I have a 3.5mm jack plugged into my Line-Out input on the back of my PC, and the RCA cables (naturally, just the audio) are hooked into my stereo receiver. I'm only able to get sound out of my left front speaker (and, with some fiddling, I've found out that the wires are good... if I plug them into my headphone jack and enable headphone virtualization, they both work. Tone testing on the receiver itself plays all six speakers, as does the PS3) What I'd like to know, is, why only my left speaker is working, and if there's any way to fix that... and of course, whether or not there's a way that I can fill all of the speakers with sound. (I've tried the "fill speaker" enhancement, but, I still only hear out of my front left speaker.)

Thanks!



Answer
Plug some computer speakers or headphones into your line-out jack and check if only the left plays. If so, there's either something wrong with your sound settings or the sound card itself. Check the sound mixer settings that the balance isn't set all the way left. I would try the speaker/phones output if there's a separate port (first turn the volume down in the sound mixer settings and gradually increase it to line volume). It sounds like you already tried that and it worked? Make sure you're hearing two different channels and not one doubled. Here's a test clip if you don't already have one: http://www.wikiupload.com/VFSTR71S67C5BEN

I don't think this applies to you but for completeness, I'll add: If the speakers or headphones on the line-out play normally it's your 3.5mm-RCA cable or the receiver's input.

Once you get the stereo working (on the line-out or using the headphone jack), you can get some simulated surround sound effects using the receiver's Pro Logic (or Pro Logic II) feature. It'll work better if your software player supports "Dolby Surround" out. Of course, if you just want all the speakers to play (back speakers mirroring the front), all you need is a headphone splitter.
Another option, if the receiver has 6 separate analog audio input ports, is to get a surround sound card for about $10, a couple more 3.5mm-RCA cables, and have true surround.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment