Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Headphones? Electric Guitar?




sadmom


My husband wants headphones for his electric guitar or amp or something. Can any headphones work? What are the best? How much do they usually run? Where can I buy them at?


Answer
Ok. You can get anykind of headphones that you want as long as you get an adapter for the 1/8 inch jacks to the standard 1/4 inch guitar jack. If you have no idea what i just said, Write this down, go to a radio shack (Or some other electronics store) and tell them that you want a 1/8 in. to a 1/4 in adapter. Here is a picture of one...It's the big one on top.

http://www.radioshack.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2062463&cp=&sr=1&origkw=1%2F4+inch&kw=1%2F4+inch&parentPage=search

I Did this instead of having to buy specialty headphones so i can use them for both music and guitar. if you already have a good pair of headphones, just use those. if you don't go here...

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Sennheiser-HD201-Pro-Closed-Back-Headphones?sku=242417

This one actually comes with that adapter.

Hope i could help.

headphones for an electric guitar?




Fungus Gre


Do such things exist? Will I really need to buy a mini amp or w/e? I'm going to be heading to college, and I don't want to disturb anybody, but I still want to bring my electric guitar. So, I really don't need the headphones in the first place, but if I want to mess around with my keyboard at a later time w/o disturbing anybody, they'd be helpful.
So, any products out there that can just plug into the out-put of most electrical instruments?



Answer
You need a headphone amp like this one:

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/guitars/vox-amplug-ac30-headphone-amp/481676000000000?src=3WWRWXGB&ZYXSEM=0




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment