Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Bose or Sennheiser Over-Ear Headphones $150 and under?




Josh


I'm looking for a really good pair of over-ear headphones and I don't want to spend more than $150. Should I get Bose or Sennheiser?

If Bose, which ones would be best for around $150?

I have recently found out that Sennheiser headphones actually tend to be better than Bose.


So, I leave it up to you to help me decide on a pair of over-ear headphones.
By the way, I don't mind the price of Bose, that's what happens with popular brands, especially when they make good products. I don't care if Bose are said to be "overpriced and overrated", especially since Dr. Dre Beats fit that description even more.

Also, please refrain from needless Bose bashing, it's exceedingly annoying and gets us nowhere.
I meant to say "around ear" instead of "over ear". I'm sorry about that confusion.


Of the Bose headphones I'm considering the AE2 headphones.



Answer
Hey Josh,

Yes, Sennheiser is generally known as a more prestigious and reputable audio company than bose, contrary to popular belief.

However, when we are talking about headphones under $150 dollars (and I assume you are looking for best quality and value here), I must reccomend you check out some of Audio-Technica's headphones, especially the ATH-M50's (which I'll get in to later).

Audio Technica is another prestigious audio company that truly has (in my experience), the greatest quality and value in headphones today.

I think the ATH M50's would be perfect for you because not only are they within your budget (they are about $140 dollars, I'll post a link at the bottom), they also are a FANTASTIC pair of over-ear headphones that have tremendous audio quality and sound; great frequency response, great sound distinguishing, virtually no distortion, large drivers, and they are great for people who take audio seriously.

You can check out some reviews of the ATH M50's on youtube and other 3rd party sites if you have some concerns with what a random guy (me) on yahoo answers is telling you. These headphones are a huge hit with audio enthusiasts and truly are fantastic.



(Here's the link)
http://www.amazon.com/Audio-Technica-ATH-M50-Professional-Monitor-Headphones/dp/B000ULAP4U/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1360095429&sr=8-1&keywords=ath+m50






Best of Luck and Enjoy
-Dave

Best over the ear headphones for under $150?




Andrew Sim


I am looking for a high quality set of headphones (over the ear) for a reasonable price. I listen to a lot of dubstep so i need something that can play good bass.


Answer
Here are a few decen suggetens for headphones - all can be found for under $50 (some under $20) :

Sennheiser HD 202 II
Sennheiser HD201
Sennheiser HD203 DJ-Style

Sony MDR-XD100
Sony MDR-XD200
Sony MDR-ZX100




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment