Friday, February 21, 2014

Buying Headphones....?




Naquan


Hi. I have a new IPOD 30GB Video and I wanted to buy some headphone that could give me great bass as well as great quality. Now...I have a tendency of looking in the back of a headphone package to see it's specification...and i wanted to know the follow:

What does the following means:

-Frequency range (does the higher the number is the better?)
-Sensitivity (does the higher the number is the better?)
-Impedance (does the higher the number is the better?)
-Maximum Power Input (does the higher the number is the better?)

If theres anything else that I should be looking at when buying headphones, please include that to....THANKS



Answer
frequency range is the range of frequnces that its capable of generate them, human hear frequences of 20Hz to 20KHz so the headphone must be capable of generating sound in this range; no lower or higher frquencies are important because u wont hear them.

sensivity is sort of proportion of producing sound power on given electrical power to headphone so the more higher, the more good.

impedance is the alternative current resistance. its important to match the output impedance of ur ipod. not higher nor lower numbers are good. it just must be equal to the ipod's output impedance.

maximum input power is the wattage of the headphone. the higher number is good but not much higher than ur ipod's output power because its wasting money and also higher input power causes lower sensivity.

at last and the most important advice: just buy a good brand for high quality and longer lasting. like panasonic, sony, schniders... and the type of earbuds as they are small, light, block some enviromental noise that this cause to hear the music better and also they provide more bass because of closed air flow

getting the right headphones?




Dave Someo


I have this problem with my laptop that when I plug in my earphones in makes a buzzing kind of noise.
Anyway I heard that there are some earphones that can cancel out those buzzing sounds, my question is do you know which type of headphones I should get?
thanks for reading :)



Answer
The buzzing sound is an impedance mismatch. Skipping all the boring electronics stuff, you want a headphone/earphone with a higher impedance and lower sensitivity. As a general rule, full-size headphones have higher impedance than portable headphones, which in turn have higher impedance than earbuds/in-ear earphones. I can recommend the Koss KSC75 or Koss PortaPro, which have 60 ohm impedance but there are many others. For earphones the HiFiMan RE0, Brainwavz M1, and Phonak earphones are known to have high impedance but I'm sure there are others with 32 ohms or more.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment