Monday, December 16, 2013

What kind of headphone amplifier should I buy?

good headphone amplifier
 on Headphone Amp | Audio Advice
good headphone amplifier image



John Rodge


I just bought a pair of Grado SR80i and am generally happy with them. The problem is that my laptop with which I am listening from just isn't loud enough. I understand that I would need a headphone amplifier to rectify this but the market is very confusing. I'd just like to make clear that I am not looking for any incredible sound quality boost, just volume boost. Thanks a lot!


Answer
hey you should definatley purchase a computer from a reputable brand like Gateway, Toshiba, Acer, Dell, Lenovo... all of them are very very good machines, at least 2 GB of RAM is much better, and at this site you can purchase them (at the most cheapest and trustable site for purchasing itemsonline for over 14 years )

Can I use a headphone amplifier to amplify the gain from my mp3 player to my cars head unit?




Sean


My mp3 player tends to distort at high volumes, thus causing line input distortion to my head unit. I turn the volume down on my mp3 player to avoid it, but then there's not enough signal to the head unit to cleanly amplify it at high volumes. If I use a headphone amplifier between the mp3 player and head unit, will that cleanly amplify the gain going into my head unit?


Answer
You'll get clipping again. The amplified signal mightl overdrive the stereo input just the same. Try it out. Maybe you can find a happy medium.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment