Monday, November 11, 2013

Small bedroom: home theater system or a nice set of headphones?

best headphones home theater
 on ... Headphones, Controller & Mixer | Home Theater Speakers & Entertainment
best headphones home theater image



What?


I'm planning to complement a 32" in my small bedroom with either a home theater system or a nice set of headphones for a better movie watching experience. The room is extremely small and my planned setup gives me only about 7 feet between where the TV will be mounted and the opposing wall.

Would a HTS be effective enough in such a layout to justify the cost? I like the idea of having one, but would I get better results with a good set of stereo headphones?



Answer
I'd go with the home theater system. Remember that you don't have to buy the best of they best though. Especially if you are putting it in a smaller area. You don't need a 20" sub and a 7.1 surround sound to get a good sound. However, IF you are a music nut like myself, a nice pair of headphones is a must.

Can I hook headphones up together to make a home theater?







I have like 5 headphones and I want to make a cheap home theater with them can I hook them up together to get the same audio coming out of them?


Answer
This sounds like unworkable idea and still lacks useful details as to how you would do this.

If you hook these 5 headphones in series, their impedance will add and you will have 5 sets of tiny speakers each emitting exactly the same sound.

If you hook them in parallel, the parallel equivalent impedance will probably be too low and you will end up blowing whatever drives these things.

Doesn't sound like a very good home theater system to me.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment