Saturday, November 16, 2013

how do i cope with my emetophobia once i catch the stomach flu?

best headphones 100 pounds
 on Beats by Dre Studio - 2013 Review - Noise Cancelling Headphones
best headphones 100 pounds image



Mella


the stomach flu is going around my house. it is only a matter of days maybe even hours before i come down with it myself. i have terrible emetophobia (fear of vomiting). it's a terrible fear to have. how can i cope with it? does anybody have any techniques?


Answer
OH I HEAR YOU!! Have had the same condition since I was about 4 I think and Im 37 now and its still full on ... when someone in my house is going to be sick (the dogs included) I run the opposite direction and run outside so I cant hear it, see it or smell it or I wear headphones plugged into my ipod on highest volume so I cant hear it (this is what I do when Im in hospital too as Im affraid someone could vomit at any time and they generally have to give me valium too). I like TV shows like House but I have to keep my finger on the mute button and if anyone looks like they are going to be sick the mute button is hit and I look away and if Im alone Ill wait about a minute and then look back and unmute or if someone is with me they will tell me when its safe to look again.. my ex husband used to run out the front and across the road to the park if he had to be sick because of my fear of vomit ... unfortunately we are divorced now so when my daughter gets sick I have to deal with it as its only the 2 of us in the house now ... she is 8 and understands my fear so if she is going to be sick she tells me so I can quickly leave the room - funny enough though I can empty the bucket for her afterwards but thats it.

If I think Im going to be sick (vomit) I will go to the toilet just in case, but I will then sit there and swollow quickly all the excess saliva that you get in your mouth before you throw up - sometimes that makes the vomit not happen - not always but sometimes, I also refuse to eat anything as I dont like to vomit food the only thing I will allow myself is some cordial as its easier to bring up. I also have told my Drs about this fear and they prescribed me with Zofran wafers - its REALLY expensive (about $100 for 10 wafers) but I dont care how much it is if it means I wont throw up - Zofran is an anti-emetic that they give to Cancer patients on Chemo and honestly it makes nausea go away within seconds its great!

I have 1 child and I was one of the extremely unlucky people who got hyperemesis all the way through my pregnancy which meant I was throwing up anywhere up to 50 times per day - every 20 minutes basically all the way through my pregnancy - I refused to eat and most of what I had (cordial or ice blocks) came back anyway - I lost 35kgs which is about 70 pounds while I was pregnant - in this case I got very used to throwing up at that time but still couldnt stand being around anyone else who threw up ... I will never have another child again because Im so affraid of being that sick again ... and if Im meant to go to someones house and their kid is sick I wont go ... If Im at a party where there is drinking going on I leave as soon as people start to seem like they are getting drunk just in case someone throws up (I dont drink alcohol)

How do you start professionally recording music?




AussiePrid


What tools are best for recording music, rock music, with
x3 Guitar (1 Bass, 2 Treble)
Keyboard
Vocals
Drums



Answer
First decide exactly what you want to do. Let's say you want to produce songs with drums, keyboard, 3 vocals, bass, 2 guitars. You would need a 16 track digital audio workstation (DAW), either a computer-based system if you already have a good enough computer, or a stand-alone DAW, like the ones I linked. Why 16? Because you'll want at least two tracks for drums (maybe 4 or 6), two for stereo keys. Do not get exactly how many tracks you think you want. You will grow out of them, I promise. DAWs typically have CD burners, so you can take your project all the way to CD. Send that in along with your artwork to a duplicating house like dvd-cdinc.com or Discmakers, and you're ready to sell your music.

Very important: Buy a large-diaphragm condenser microphone. Any decent salesperson will know what this is. They are more expensive than dynamic mic's, but this is a very important investment. Small diaphragm is second choice, followed by dynamic. A large-diaphragm mic is what you would use for vocals and acoustic guitars. You can use less-expensive mic's on other instruments.

If you want to record real drums, you'll want to consider mic'ing most of the drums separately. Shure SM57 and SM58 are $100. These have been industry standards for decades, and they take a pounding. They are good for drums, guitar amps, and other instruments. You can buy them in a package with a special bass drum mic (link below). Add to that a pair of small-diaphragm mic's (link) for "overheads" - for cymbals and overall ambience, and you have a great drum mic kit. For a smaller budget you can just get the overhead pair and a bass drum mic.

You'll need to monitor your music (listen while recording and mixing) so you'll need a decent power amp and speakers (monitors) or powered speakers. Good monitors are an important investment, too, because they are your window to the ears of your audience. They need to be accurate, because your music will be heard through ear pods, headphones, computer speakers, in cars, and good stereo speakers. Your best shot at sounding your best in all those formats is to buy decent monitors. You can get budget ones for around $300, but they only really start to get good at $600. Lots of people use headphones to monitor. That's OK if it's all you can afford, but your ears tire out after long sessions. The better the monitors, the longer you can listen without fatigue. You will need a set of headphones for when you're recording acoustic instruments; you can't have speakers on while recording with microphones in the same room.

One very important but overlooked aspect of studio recording is acoustical treatment. It can get very pricey, and there are a lot of expensive and useless products. I've included a link to some excellent advice for room treatment. I recommend Roxul brand rigid fiberglas, called rockboard, insulation board, etc. The article will tell you how to use it.

Once you have a good idea of what you want to accomplish, find a knowledgeable salesperson who will help you fill in the blanks. The type of set-up I've illustrated here is fairly expensive, so have a budget in mind when you talk to them. Try sweetwater.com.

There's nothing wrong with getting an 8-track DAW, a $100 microphone and a set of headphones. Learn the basics. This will prepare you for better-informed decisions when you're ready for the serious gear.

It's a real adventure. Have fun.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment