Sunday, November 10, 2013

Karaoke practice at home: What headphone/mic combo and software for practice at home?

good headphones with mic
 on ProductWiki: Apple Earphones with Remote and Mic - In-Ear Headphones
good headphones with mic image



Cooter


What's a good (sealed) stereo headphone and mic combo (preferably attached) with software that will allow me to sing along with mp3's or CDG's on my computer and mix my voice with the music so I can hear what I sound like? No recording necessary. I want to sing karaoke but I want to hear what I sound like before I make a fool of myself.


Answer
I can assume from your Question that you do not have any Karaoke Equipment at home at all?

I do not use my Computer for Karaoke, so I cannot help in that regard, I suggest you go to some of the following web sites the carry all sorts of stuff for your purpose,
AceKaraoke.com Sumakaya.com karaoke.com Vocopro.com those are a few

My system is for entertainment and home recording I use an Apex Studio Mic, V2Go digital recorder
also wireless mic's, etc, I use open ear headphones, shut down my external speakers, I can hear my recordings while I sing, or keep the speakers on and monitor myself through the V3Go recorder, I know this is not what your looking for but try those sites mentioned, they have what you need,

What are the basic thing i need for a home studio?




Deonte


Im a singer and i want to record my own music, I know that you need some type software, studio monitors, audio interface, headphones, mic, mic stands, pop filter, is that it or is there more that i need? im not trying to spend a whole lot of money.


Answer
TASCAM iXZ Audio Interface for your late model Ipod touch or iphone.
Audix om series vocal mic. OM2, OM5- whatever, best you can afford. Anybody who says "Shure SM58" microphone is a retard. They do not sing onstage. Ask the long list of fools who will recommend that mic. "Do you really sing thru that onstage?" "Does it sound great in the monitors?" Audix mics make for killer tracks, and killer shows. They will treat your voice better than your momma. You can mic just about anything you will need to mic with the Audix, and it will fool all the people all the time.
1 mic chord, and stand.
I pod touch or I pad or I phone.
Good "in the ear" stage monitor headphones........ and you are on your way.
All the rest of that stuff is a bunch of crap that will drain your bank account and complicate your life.
You can pick a good App for the production software.
Master that system before you think of moving on.
There are plenty of people with a mega investment in studios to record you.
With the ipod / ipad based rig you can make backing tracks / beats to start doing shows, make demos and attract a good producer, which is what you really need.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment