Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Headphones question??




Timotheus


So, I need new headphones. My last pair was the Skullcandy SkullCrushers (which my mom broke lol). My problem is, I loved the sound with those. They had insane bass. But, they were a pain to lug around and wear around. It got to the point where the only time I'd use them was when I was on the computer or playing guitar.

So what I'm looking for is, which headphones have sick bass but aren't a pain to wear? What isn't incredibly expensive? And what looks pimp like skullcandy? Also, I play guitar, so it'd be nice to have headphones that I can have my amp turned up, and my headphones can handle it.

Any suggestions? Thanks guys



Answer
Sennheiser makes excellent headphones if the most important thing to you is sound. They will sound a million times better than SkullCandy but will be around the same price

Check out the HD280s. They are under 100 bucks, have monster bass, super comfortable, and won't run you 300-500 like a lot of the expensive headphones.

http://www.pssl.com/Sennheiser-HD-280-Professional-Headphones

Good neutral headphones with detailed sound (for under 100$)?




paranoid p


so i've been wanting to get an audiophile level headphone (well at least , sort of. i just want good sound quality) Up till now i've been looking at the Sony MDR V6 but i hear the Superlux 668b is also good , and the Monoprice 8323 as well for its price. I tried asking /g/ but they only really made it worse , they recommended the Koss portapros and the JVC HARX700 (and then ofc started arguing. as usual.)

What does yahoo recommend? Any audiophiles here that could help? Anything else you would recommend?
I listen to music mostly but i occasionally like gaming as well.
What i listen to: Guns N' Roses , The white stripes , The Raconteurs , The dead weather , Nirvana , Soundgarden , Scorpions , The offspring , Mastodon , Megadeth , Metallica , Testament , Baroness , Deadmau5 , Noisestorm , Noisia , Skrillex , Wolfgang Gartner , etc etc etc. Anything like what i mentioned counts.

I won't be using a dac or an amp. Thanks in advance



Answer
Looking at your music selection, the obvious choice is a Grado SR60i or Grado SR80i. They are the unassailable rock and metal champion. Not bad for electronic music too.

If you want closed headphones (isolation from outside noise but don't sound as good as open), I'd look into the Shure SRH440 or Brainwavz HM3.

Koss Portapros are also very good for their $30 price tag too, but Grados will totally destroy any of those headphones you mentioned for rock or metal music.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment