Saturday, June 14, 2014

Digital audio out to headphone converter?




someone


I have a "digital audio out" port on my TV that takes a digital audio out cable. I want to listen to the TV through my headphone that has a standard headphone jack. I have the white and red ports that I currently use through a converter that converts the two cables into a headphone jack port, but the sound doesn't seem surround sound and nice. Is there a converter or anything that converts "digital audio out" to a headphone port? Will the sound from the "digital audio out" sound better than the white and red ports that I currently use to listen to the TV? Any suggestion and insight will help. I just want to get better surround sound (nice audio) from my TV. My TV doesn't have headphone port that some more expensive TVs have.


Answer
The digital audio will sound better, but a headphone amp that accepts an S/PDIF digital signal will be expensive, and may not do a good job of mixing 5.1 channels down to two.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=280395756045#ht_1374wt_700
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=250383519390

It might be cheapest to buy a used $100 receiver on eBay with digital input and plug your headphones into that. That would also give you the option to attach good speakers, which will sound much better than your TV.

Another option is the Behringer MS20 or MS40 speakers, which accept digital input and have a headphone jack. These will also sound much better than your TV speakers.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000QUT9RY/ref=pd_lpo_k2_dp_sr_3?pf_rd_p=486539851&pf_rd_s=lpo-top-stripe-1&pf_rd_t=201&pf_rd_i=B000PXSBTY&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_r=093H3RNPJRF2PP5PAVBF
http://www.amazon.com/Behringer-MS40-Digital-Monitor-Speakers/dp/B000PXSBTY

Recording guitar amp onto PC?




somone


Ive heard mixed opinions on this, some say if I simply plug my amp's output into my sound cards mic in then I will end up blowing my sound card, and also possibly my amp/computer itself?

http://www.gearslutz.com/board/low-end-theory/356897-plugging-guitar-amp-into-computer.html says I can't? other questions on Y!A say its fine?

So, is it safe to plug my amp into my sound card's mic in or do I need special equipment to record. Its a 15w Marshall MG-FX by the way, sound card is a Creative x-fi? The amp's output is headphone output which im guessing wouldn't exactly be overkill to a sound card?

Thanks



Answer
No, your amp will NOT overload your audio card, even if you DONT use the headphone output. Your mic input doesn't receive power like that and neither does your audio card. They only receive the audio signals being put through.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment