Saturday, June 14, 2014

Can I use Beats By Dre Headphones to mix vocals?

Q. My KRK RP5 monitors crashed on me and won't work for some odd reason and I'm really low on money to go buy a new set so I was wondering if I can use the studio beats by dre or the new MIXR beats


Answer
It's not a great idea to mix on headphones because with monitors, you hear the content from each channel in both ears, and also you want to know how the music will sound in an open environment (though it's good to check the mix on headphones and other sound systems). But of course using headphones to mix is better than not at all I suppose, or using crappy consumer speakers. If you are just mixing for fun and not trying to market your music it's no big deal though.

Headphones don't play vocals ?




Mack


Ok I have some Notorius B.I.G headphones which are good quality but after a week the vocals didn't play and the music sound like its underwater.ive gone through 6 pairs of headphones over the past couple of months and I'm sick of this same problem! Is it my iPod jack? I just don't want to buy another pair of headphones so is there any solution?


Answer
You're not getting one of the channels. Try using another set of headphones. If the problem persists it's your iPod jack. If not then it's in the headphones. Could be something simple such as lack of contact or bad wiring. If one side is louder than the other that makes it very obvious, however that "underwater" sound you're describing is consistent with that as well. But without seeing it or hearing it I can't be sure to the exact cause.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment