Thursday, January 2, 2014

What are the best microphones to record yourself singing on your computer?

best headphones jazz
 on BBC - Manchester - Entertainment - BBC Phil wins top award
best headphones jazz image



George


I'm an aspiring jazz/blues musician and I've written a lot of music, but need to record it. I'm going to be getting a new laptop this January and need to buy a good microphone to connect up to it. What are the right sort of ones to go for? I'm willing to spend a good amount of money on it. Advice?


Answer
An audio interface (Focusrite's are great) + a mic (MXL 2003a, Blue Spark, AT2035, blue encore 100, Shure SM57/SM58, etc) + DAW (Cockos Reaper) + Studio Headphones and/or Monitors.

There you have an affordable pro recording solution.

What are some good quality headphones?




Cat


I am looking for some great quality headphones and I'm wondering what kind is a good choice. And those SkullCandies that are popular now are NOT good quality. And I'm considering Bose headphones.
Well, I really want the Sennheiser HD800 , but there it's like $1500
and I only like Skull Candy for their design and look.



Answer
Sennheiser 800's yeah me too! I'll have to stick with my HD280's for now. Sennheiser is a good brand as are AKG and Grado. AKG's generally have a wider spacious sound at expense of some power and weight in the bass. So far I like my HD280 headphones and at 100 bucks they're a real value for the quality and durability you get. I had Sony MDR-CD570 'phones before the Sennheisers and they have a more accentuated sound in the bass and treble so they sound "punchier" and better to start with but listening fatigue sets in after a while where the HD 280's just sound better the longer I listen. Can't go wrong quality wise with AKG, Grado or Sennheiser, just pick the sound you prefer. for pop/rock probably Sennheiser and their neutral sound with powerful bass. For classical/jazz AKG for their wide imaging, Easy listening/vocal Grado for their warmth with still a sense of spaciousness.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment