Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Do I need a Headphone amp to use a pair of Audio Technica ATH A-700 headphones with an ipod?

best headphones high end
 on ...  High End Noise Cancelling Foldable Mini Headphones | Memory Lane
best headphones high end image



Jack


I am thinking about buying these headphones but i have read that some high end headphones like these require more power output than the ipod can provide. I have an Ipod touch (not sure which generation, 3 I think) and I want to know if I need to buy a headphone amp to make it work. If so, which one should I buy without spending too much money?
I would still like to know if i need to get an amp before i buy the headphones so i can order them at the same time. i dont know much about amps but I am also wondering if a really cheap one would decrease the sound quality. Any recommendations or advice would be greatly appreciated, thanks.



Answer
I don't think you need to but if you do, just invest in a fiio headphone amp for less than $10 and that will be enough. Alternatively, you could invest in a custom cmoy headphone amp that are made in altoids tins. Those can go up to $60 though.

Are there any portable headphones that are better than the Bowers and Wilkins P5's?




Favian


I'm looking to buy high end portable headphones and right now I'm thinking about buying the B&W P5's. Are there any better ones for the same price?


Answer
It depends...

There are plenty of other good headphones around the same price, but you'll have to check them out for yourself to decide which is best for you.

You could check out the Beyerdynamic DT770, Phiaton MS400, Grado SR35i, Ultrasone Hfi 2400, Denon D2000, AKG Q701, etc. Or if you prefer IEMs, the Shure SE425, Etymotic ER4p, Sennheiser IE8, or Monster Turbine Pro Gold.

If you haven't already, you can check out reviews of all these headphones on http://www.head-fi.org

You can look at the pic by my name to see which 'phones I chose :)




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment