Wednesday, December 4, 2013

What do I need to play my computer through a floor speaker?

best headphones yard work
 on Buy RCA WHP170 Wireless Stereo Headphones (900 MHz) in Canada - WHP170 ...
best headphones yard work image



Thomas W


I can already hear the computer through headphones, but would like to be connected to the floor powered speaker that I use as a monitor.


Answer
You will need an amplifier. Your computer doesn't make a strong enough signal to drive the big floor speaker to any decent volume, so you will need a small external amplifier. Radio Shack should have something that would work, or you could try one of the big retailers such as Circuit City or Best Buy.

Below is a link to a Sherwood receiver from Radio Shack at a price of $90. That's the cheapest price I could find for an audio amplifier at Radio Shack. You might also try looking for a small amplifier (at least 10 watts) at a yard sale or flea market. You should be able to find something decent for $25 or so.

Good luck!

How do I prevent music from my pool area from bothering my neighbor?




jenseg1


I have a backyard pool an enjoy listening to music while using it.
I do not feel I am playing it loudly, but, I just got a complaint from a next door neighbor. This is the first in six years. Does anyone have ideas about how to keep the music in my yard so my neighbor and I can live in harmony???
I do occassionally invite them over.

Headphones might be fine when I am alone and not in the water but are not a good option for a group or when in the water.

I tend to play a broad variety of music and I actually prefer not to play any one artist or genre.

I am most interested in success stories of actual, functional methods of limiting the transfer of sound to surrounding areas.

Thanks all.



Answer
Any time that you or anyone else plays their music loud enough to be heard by neighbors, it can represent an unwelcome intrusion and disturbance. So you are basically imposing your music (noise) on them. Why don't you be nice and use headphones?




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment