Tuesday, December 3, 2013

What are the Ontario Laws regarding headphones and motorcycle?

good headphones motorcycle
 on com: quality cycle sounds Motorcycle Skiing Bluetooth wireless headset ...
good headphones motorcycle image



Brian S


What is the official law about using headphones while operating a motorcycle in Ontario. I know they vary from state to state in the US, some seem to allow it, some allow one earphone (or so i'm told) but i'm not sure about Canada/Ontario.


Answer
it is dangerous to be unaware of traffic around you, a helmet with radio,.voice, comm, is hard enough to deal with . you should be able to hear the traffic so you do not get run over

How unsafe is it to wear headphones while riding a motorcycle?




hunginchic


I was wondering how unsafe it is to wear headphones while riding a motorcycle? Sometimes on long rides I wear them and listen to music, try to do it when I'm out on country roads and not in heavy traffic or anything like that but I imagine it's probably safer without them.

Another thing, I saw someone asking a question about what kind of ear plugs to buy to ride a bike. If they actually make earplugs for riding that totally cut off all sound I can't imagine headphones are any more dangerous.



Answer
Earplugs can be very useful to protect you from long-term hearing-loss. Headphones are not dangerous if used at a reasonable volume.

I always have the headphones plugged in on my FLH Ultra and I usually wear ear plugs on my other bikes, especially on long rides. As long as you can hear traffic noise around you, both ear plugs and headphones are completely safe.

In fact some helmets are so noisy that they drown out traffic noise and you actually need to wear ear plugs to be able to hear the cars around you.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment