Monday, February 10, 2014

What are the best over the ear headphones in a price range from 100-300 dollars?




Jordan


I have been looking for a pair of headphones over the past month or so, and have not been too successful. I really love my music, I listen to it a lot, but I don't DJ or any of that business. So overall, I'm looking for comfort, quality, and style (the first two being the most important) in a pair of headphones, and I don't want to dump cash towards worthless headphones. Out of my month of research (which was very vague, don't criticize me >.<) I came up with 3 options. I am completely open to more suggestions, but I would like a reasons behind your thoughts.Thank you so much!

-Sennheiser (not sure on the model)
-Beats by Dre Pro
-Audio-Technica (not sure on the model)

The beats are on the list solely because my brother works at Best Buy, and I can get an awesome discount, I know they're overpriced, but I can get them about 50-65% off



Answer
First off, Beats at 50% to 65% off are still overpriced.....

If we're going up to $300 then you could look at the following headphones which I own and love:
Sennheiser HD 25-1 II
Bowers and Wilkins P5

The B&Ws are more expensive (at $300 versus the Sennheisers at $200), but the difference is worth it to me. The sound is more balanced and the headphones are more comfortable and better looking. The Sennheisers still sound great, but they seem to be just a little bit too bright sometimes. They're also extremely sturdy headphones, being a professional model, but kinda plain looking.

You could also look at the Audio Technica ATH-M50 which seems to be recommended quite often as a Beats replacement. I haven't actually heard this headphone yet, but the reviews on http://www.head-fi.org are pretty good.

My best advice to you would be to spend some time hanging out on HeadFi, reading reviews of the headphones I've mentioned and the ones that I'm sure other people will mention. Before long you'll come up with a list of headphones that you're interested in checking out. Now comes the fun part - load up your iPod with some favorite tunes and head off to a shop somewhere to listen and compare. And whatever you decide to get, you'll know that you decided for a good reason instead of just making a random purchase...

Best headphones under 100 dollars?




Suie


I'm currently looking at the sennheiser 555 for 95 dollars on amazon. Anyone recommend any other headphones at around this price?


Answer
Sennheiser

http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/HD428


http://www.amazon.com/Sony-MDR-V150-Monitor-Headphones-Reversible/dp/B000092YPR/ref=pd_sim_e_13

http://www.amazon.com/Sennheiser-HD555-Professional-Headphones-Channeling/dp/B0001FTVDQ/ref=pd_sim_e_24




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment