Saturday, February 15, 2014

Best on/over ear headphones for under 100$ ?




Brad


I'm looking for some headphones that look great, and sound even better. I am into genres like hip hop, techno, and some rock. I also love headphones with bass.


Answer
The best headphones under $100 are the Grado SR80, the Sennheiser HD448 and the Shure SRH440. Sennheiser or Shure if you need a closed-back headphone, Grado if open-backed is ok. I'll add the Sony XB700 to the list for you since you specifically state that you want bass.

Best headphones for under £100?




Ollie


What are some good quality over ear headphones if I listen to dubstep and alternative music.


Answer
The Sony MDR-V6s were the first really good headphones I owned. After about 15 years of use, the foam padding was a bit run down. After doing the exhaustive search for the best headphones, I bought a pair of Sennheiser HD580s (I also own Etymotic ER-4Ps). Comparing the HD580 to my MDR-V6s, I would say that the MDR-V6s are better for two reasons. 1. The MDR-V6s are more
comfortable to wear for long periods of time, and 2. The MDR-V6s have a telephone-like cord, which is easier to deal with than the straight HD580 cord. The sound quality was very good on both headphones, and about equal. I ended up buying new foam pads for my 15-year-old MDR-V6s, which made them feel like brand new headphones. I also bought a second pair of MDR-V6s, and shelved the HD580s for now.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment