Thursday, February 13, 2014

audacity recording problem, can still here my own voice?




Dan E.


when i record a song i record vocals and acoustic together as a base track. then i overdub the acoustic and voice seperately. The problem is i can still here the ghost track very faintly even when it is muted. i use my laptops microphone and earphone jack imputs to record. i listen to the base track while recording. does anyone know how i can solve this issue so i cant here the faint base track?


Answer
This sounds like your headphones are up too high during your recording causing leakage between your headphones and your microphone.

how to hear myself recording vocals through my headphones?




spinnerz


i need to know how to hear myself record AS I RECORD. im sick of having to record, then play it back to see if im satisfied. i wanna be able to have the music and my vocals at same time as i speak (whether be thru my headphones or speakers).....i have a dell inspiron laptop...i got a sterling ST55 mic, M-Audio Fast Track Pro interface, and using audacity/acid pro F.Y.I.......my sound card is the microsoft high deff audio device so i dont have "sterio mix" what do i do????

also tried to download realtek audio devices and after i download they do not appear to be in my audio selection where it should be....WTF



Answer
I thought you said that you are using the M-Audio Fast Track Pro? You should not be using the Microsoft built-in audio chip. First, make sure that you have the fast track pro selected as the inputs an outputs in Audacity.

You need to use the built-in hardware monitoring of the M-Audio interface. It allows the incoming audio to be mixed with any audio being played back from Audacity and then sends it to your headphones.

Check this FAQ out from M-Audio...it covers most of this:
http://www.m-audio.com/index.php?do=support.faq&ID=59c346eee9c05f0115dab8d3ac10017c




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment