Wednesday, November 20, 2013

What program would be best to talk to my sister with headphone/mic set while playing on-line games?

good headphones with mic
 on 995 wireless headphones Review - Back to School - Headphones - Good ...
good headphones with mic image



Kala


I play an on-line game with my sister and we often talk about calling each other on our cell phones while we are playing because we can't always type to each other in-game.

What program would be best that would enable my sister and I to talk to each over on our headphones & mic while still playing our game together?

What system requirements are needed? When I test my headphone/mic set, it plays back static and I can barely hear myself.



Answer
use skype....while playing the game

http://skype.com

How do you hook a headphone/mic to the computer?




Stephen


I want to use one of those headphone/mic setups for voice chat on the MMO I play periodically, but don't know how, or if you can, hook it up to the pc.


Answer
You just plug it in. If you are using it for chat during games I recommend getting a headset with a USB connection - the Logitech ones are very good and reasonably priced.

Using a headset+mic with USB connection means you can still have ingame sounds set to speakers while voice comms comes through headset - or pipe both to headset, but have music playing through the speakers.

Once connected, you can swap sound device in windows by going to the speaker-volume icon - right side of your start bar - right-click > adjust audio properties > audio > default device=headset. then open an application. go through and change again to pick speakers and open the other app. (Windows won't change the sound output device for an application until you close and relaunch so you can setup which sounds to pip through speakers/headset)

The other option is having a headset that connects to your sound-out and mic jacks on your soundcard, but this means getting in behind there every time you want to swap sound between headset and speakers - which becomes a pain very quickly.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment