Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Will headphones mess up monitor?




Camden


This might be a rather silly question but I need a serious answere. I have 2 pairs of headphones Astro A40's and Dr Dre studio beats. And when I don't use them I rest them on the monitor, will they mess up the monitor as they rest ontop? Like kill pixels? And any proof of answere will be best, such as website link or something, thanks!!


Answer
READ the warnings presented with most computers and monitors. These all warn against ANY magnets being anywhere near either monitors or computers. Generally people carelessly do put them close or on equipment without any problem. But about 20 minutes ago someone was on asking why their machine would not run after putting a magnet on it and they had totally destroyed the hard drive. Considering this is metal enclosed for shielding and well inside the machine, the electronic components on the monitor controller board and the screen are put at risk ever time you do this. An unusual power spike, a particularly difficult data stream and you could have a dead monitor. Having said that, the magnets in these headphones are relatively weak. but e careful, your next pair could have a seriously heavy duty ones and do instant damage.

What kind of studio monitoring headphones should I buy?




SoldierDuc


I wanted beats by dre studio at first. But many audiophiles hated them. I am considering Shure, Beyerdynamics ATH m50 bose AKG and Sennheiser. Which headphones are better than beats? I listen to normal music such as lady gaga Taylor swift etc etc. And I would really want the bass to be thumping. Mids be sharp and crisp. My budget is around 400-600(usd) . Try to include active noise canceling and the feature of switching to hearing-people-talk-without-taking-out-headphones thing. Thanks a lot! Please state the model when you choose a certain brand! :)


Answer
Probably the best for your money would be the Sennheiser HD 25-1 II or the Audio Technica ATH-M50. Neither of these headphones have active cancellation, but they're both closed-back headphones that cut out most background noise. I own the Sennheisers and they're great for commuting on a noisy NYC subway. The Sennheisers cost $200 and tick all the boxes as far as sound quality is concerned. They're also extremely durable as they're made for pro audio use. The ATH-M50 costs about $150 and, while I haven't heard them yet, I see that they've been getting fantastic reviews and recommendations as Beats replacements from the headphone addicts on http://www.head-fi.org

For a bit more money, you could check out the $300 Bowers and Wilkins P5. These are my current favorites - they're just a little bit more comfortable than the Sennheisers, and sound just a little bit better. Plus they look sexy too :)

That's as far as I go for now. I know you said your budget was $400 to $600, but I haven't listened to anything in that price range yet. To be honest, if I had your $600 to spend, I'd get two pairs of headphones - one over-ear, and one in-ear. Sometimes you're in the mood for one, sometimes you're in the mood for the other.... The Bowers & Wilkins P5s at $300, and the Shure SE435 also at $300. Sorted.... :)




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment