Friday, May 16, 2014

How do you use headphones from a guitar amp?




Brittney


I bought a tube amplifier that is 120 watts. The manager of my apartment complex lives right above me. I am trying to find a way to play my guitar without disturbing her. My guitar amplifier does not have a headphone output. It DOES have a Line output with dedicated Level control and an FX Loop with independent Send and Return level controls.

I looked around on the internet and bought a headphone amplifier to run through the line output but either I'm doing it wrong (which I'm probably not) or something in the chain is in disagreement.

I just joined the Jazz Ensemble at my college and need to practice as much as possible.
I did buy a converter and tried running the line out directly to my headphones. Again, no luck.



Answer
Most tube amps don't have a headphone jack. Just get the Korg Pandora and save the tubes in your amp for when you play live. I use the Pandora in hotel rooms when I travel and love it. It has tons of built-in effects, a bunch of drum tracks to jam with and it is a chromactic tuner. Seriously, this is the ticket for you. Just plug in your guitar and headphones and start jamming.

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/amplifiers-effects/korg-pandora-mini-pxmini-guitar-multi-effects-processor

guitar amp headphones?




Matt


i need yo buy a set of headphones for my guitar amp, so i don't piss off the whole street with noise in the midle of the night.
id prefer an over the ear type, relatively cheap, that also has decent sound quality, can anyone help me out?

(also needs to have the right input for the amp)



Answer
The headphones' plugs come in only two dimensions and most headphones are sold with an adapter or you can get one for like $1.50. Sennheiser manufactures pretty cheap (vicinity of $30 or even less) yet decent quality headphones you can use, any online store has them, as does any Radio Shack. Here's an example:
http://www.google.com/products/catalog?q=HD+201&oe=utf-8&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a&safe=on&um=1&ie=UTF-8&cid=4610582344989906908&ei=9qmeS5XUL4yCsgOyw_x9&sa=X&oi=product_catalog_result&ct=result&resnum=3&ved=0CBcQ8wIwAg#ps-sellers




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment