Sunday, May 11, 2014

Is buying a pair of 300 dollar headphones really worth it?







Im looking to buy a nice descent pair of noise canceling headphones for my ipod and i have been looking through bose and monster beats and they look very nice but the problem they cost a load of money! why are they so expensive?

http://store.apple.com/us/product/TX257VC/A?afid=p210|frgl&cid=AOS-US-SHOP-Froogle

http://store.apple.com/us/product/TX465LL/A?afid=p210|frgl&cid=AOS-US-SHOP-Froogle



Answer
Take a look at this site:
http://bendjaminstokson.vox.com/library/post/state-of-the-art-boses-latest-headphones-can-quell-the-clangor.html

"""A few seconds after turning on the headphones in flight, I suddenly felt inner-ear pressure, as if I needed to âpopâ my ears. So I yawned and drank and gum-chewed and swallowed, generally exhibiting every tic ever documented. But the pressure never went away.

Headphones on: uncomfortable pressure. Headphones off: no pressure. I began to wonder if Iâd gotten the name wrong, if they werenât really the Bose QuietDiscomforts.

I shared the headphones with my travel companions; they all noticed the same effect, but only some were bothered by it.

Boseâs response: âWhat youâve described is something weâve heard occasionally from some of our customers  no more with the QC15 than our other headphones."""


âThe sensation of needing to âpopâ your ears is normally caused by a static air-pressure difference across your eardrums  something that occurs in an ascending (or descending) airplane. Headphones that reduce more low-frequency sound pressure from surrounding noise (like the QC15 or our Aviation headset) is perceptually similar to the âthinâ sound caused by a static air pressure difference. We believe this can explain the sensation of pressure on the ear when none is actually there.â
or:
http://www.head-fi.org/products/bose-quietcomfort-15-acoustic-noise-cancelling-headphones
or this site:
http://astore.amazon.com/noise-cancelling-headphones-20/detail/B002M38I2U


Anyways, - this pressure issue does exist.
I've tested these QC15's for a few weeks - and the pressure drives me nuts - ... it is very apparent, more than other NC phones. So this all depends if you can handle the pressure. It gives me headaches and nausea... it may not have the same effect on you.
Buy them, try them out - you'll love the NC [as it is one of the best out there...] then you can make a decision on if they are worth the $$.

Hope this helps.

Best headphones for $300?




Paul


I'm looking for an amazing pair of headphones for up to $300 dollars. I want the best I can get for that price. I am very picky with my sound. I want deep rich and strong bass along with clear mids and highs. Help me out here?
Yes I know thats only mid range



Answer
errr donate what? Bizarre! Anyways...

From what I've read about mid-range headphones (believe it or not $300 is only mid-range, lol), there are some trade-offs you have to choose from. Some headphones are balanced, others shine more in one area while lacking a little in others. From the sounds of it, you want some balance but want the bass be more present than it is in some of the flat-responding models I know of.

I actually answered a similar question earlier. I'll link you to my answer. Since the asker only mentioned bass, not all of the models I suggested are balanced. But some are. Like I told him, you should check out the head-fi forum. Those people are as picky as it gets when it comes to sound ;)
My answer: http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index;_ylt=Arf.CCQmBn73YeRlWLE7oKTty6IX;_ylv=3?qid=20101011180009AAvr0BV&show=7#profile-info-kTFyBcELaa




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment