Sunday, April 20, 2014

Question about a HeadPhone amplifier?

Q. Me and my cousin both play the electric guitar, his amp recently broke, and we always come to my house to play. My question is instead of buying a new amp can we buy this http://www.guitarcenter.com/Behringer-POWERPLAY-PRO-XL-HA4700-HEADPHONE-AMP-102302130-i1125804.gc I'm a complete noob when it comes to electronics like this. I believe it is a distribution amp. So what i'm asking is can me and him plug our guitars into this while it is plug to my amp and can we both get the same features from my amp through this and edit it individually. Like he would be playing clean and me distorted. Of course while wearing the headphones.


Answer
Danny - The headphone amp will not work because it does not have a guitar input. You need a headphone amp that is designed for guitar:

http://www.guitarcenter.com/C-Tech-Pocket-Rock-It-S1-Standard-Guitar-Headphone-Amp-104383096-i1321939.gc

http://www.guitarcenter.com/Rockman-Guitar-Ace-Headphone-Amp-100305327-i1124980.gc

Good Headphone Amplifier?

Q. So I feel that the sound of my music has been lacking a bit lately and I have been looking for a headphone amplifier that will really increase the quality. I generally listen to all kinds of music minus rap, and super hard metal if that makes a difference. I already own a good pair of headphones. It's Audio-Technica ATH-M50. I'm not exactly sure if there are some amplifiers that go better with some headphones. Anyways, I would like if the amplifier was fairly portable, but any suggestions would help. Thanks


Answer
A headphone amplifier really isn't going to do much to your sound quality. You'd only really see a benefit if your headphones were hard to drive. And the M50s are not. If you're not happy with the sound you're getting, your only real option is to upgrade your 'phones. I assume you're already using high-quality music files, and you've already experimented with EQ?




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment