Saturday, April 26, 2014

HP monitor headphone jack?

Q. How can I get sound to my headphones or speakers from a monitor that doesn't have a headphone jack?


Answer
Assuming the monitor has built in speakers and is plugged into PC sound card, you will need a splitter that plugs into same port monitor speaker was using. Now plug monitor speakers into one side of splitter and headphones into other side. There is possibly a headphone jack on the front of your PC.

Will headphones work on my monitor?

Q. I'm going to buy a benq monitor, it will be only used for gaming with my xbox. I was wondering if i plug in my xbox to my monitor with an hdmi if I can plug in a standard headset into the jack of the monitor and be able to hear the xbox sound out of it?


Answer
I believe the other answer is incorrect because they misunderstood your question. Their answer might be right if you were plugging your headset into the xbox. Your plan should work because the HDMI will send sound to your monitor and as long the monitor has a headphone jack your headphones will work. One thing is if your headset has a mic, monitors don't usually have microphone jacks because they don't send any sound back through the hdmi port. You can also buy a headset that's mean for an xbox, that way the microphone will work.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment