Saturday, June 21, 2014

Senheiser hd 595 vs Bose ae2?




Cedar


I want to get a good pair of headphones for Christmas, and this will be my first pair of expensive headphones. My budget is around $150. I will be listening through my iPhone 4, with no amp. I was thinking about these two headphones, and I am leaning toward the senheiser. Other recommendations welcome. I mostly listen to hip hop or rap. Also what about the beats by dre


Answer
the senheiser is better, but when you want quality music, the audio file is actually more important, if you listen to music through one of these headphones, you can't get full performance with normal mp3 files, I recommend lossless wav music file formats, those are like 5 times the size of a mp3 file, but the quality you get it worth it. To get wav files, you need to rip it from the original cd's

Can an ipod touch 5g handle 250 ohms?




Daniel


Im looking to buy the Beyerdynamic DT 990 Premium which comes in 32, 250 and 600ohms. I'll be mostly listening to Deep House music with these headphones so I'm looking for good bass and treble, and I like lots of volume. I know the ipod works fine with the 32ohm headphones and very loud, but I wanted to know if the 250ohm ones will make a big difference in volume or other sound characteristics. They arn't cheap headphones and I really want to be sure if the 250ohm will be load enough.


Answer
I don't think you fully understand impedance and "load" when it comes to audio.
Yes , Ipods and Iphones and almost ALL MP3 players are 32 ohms , so are the headphones sold at retailers. There is a reason.............The audio amp inside the Ipod is wanting to see a specific impedance or "load".
If I plug in some headphones that are 20 ohms then the amplifier will see it as less resistance and will work harder , heat up and eventually fail.
Same on the opposite of a higher impedance ..............Like 250 ohms ! Man , that amp will be fried in about 5 hours of usage !

Think of charging a battery ..........You have a battery charger that is 6 volt and you want to charge a 12volt car battery - won't work, charger gets hot and starts a fire !

The 250 ohm headphones may work for a day or two but then you will be here asking why no sound comes out of my Ipod !




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment