Thursday, March 13, 2014

What kind of studio monitoring headphones should I buy?




SoldierDuc


I wanted beats by dre studio at first. But many audiophiles hated them. I am considering Shure, Beyerdynamics ATH m50 bose AKG and Sennheiser. Which headphones are better than beats? I listen to normal music such as lady gaga Taylor swift etc etc. And I would really want the bass to be thumping. Mids be sharp and crisp. My budget is around 400-600(usd) . Try to include active noise canceling and the feature of switching to hearing-people-talk-without-taking-out-headphones thing. Thanks a lot! Please state the model when you choose a certain brand! :)


Answer
Probably the best for your money would be the Sennheiser HD 25-1 II or the Audio Technica ATH-M50. Neither of these headphones have active cancellation, but they're both closed-back headphones that cut out most background noise. I own the Sennheisers and they're great for commuting on a noisy NYC subway. The Sennheisers cost $200 and tick all the boxes as far as sound quality is concerned. They're also extremely durable as they're made for pro audio use. The ATH-M50 costs about $150 and, while I haven't heard them yet, I see that they've been getting fantastic reviews and recommendations as Beats replacements from the headphone addicts on http://www.head-fi.org

For a bit more money, you could check out the $300 Bowers and Wilkins P5. These are my current favorites - they're just a little bit more comfortable than the Sennheisers, and sound just a little bit better. Plus they look sexy too :)

That's as far as I go for now. I know you said your budget was $400 to $600, but I haven't listened to anything in that price range yet. To be honest, if I had your $600 to spend, I'd get two pairs of headphones - one over-ear, and one in-ear. Sometimes you're in the mood for one, sometimes you're in the mood for the other.... The Bowers & Wilkins P5s at $300, and the Shure SE435 also at $300. Sorted.... :)

HP monitor headphone jack?




dylan


How can I get sound to my headphones or speakers from a monitor that doesn't have a headphone jack?


Answer
Assuming the monitor has built in speakers and is plugged into PC sound card, you will need a splitter that plugs into same port monitor speaker was using. Now plug monitor speakers into one side of splitter and headphones into other side. There is possibly a headphone jack on the front of your PC.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment